DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
Ok... here's one i sorta came up with, although i'm sure a few of you have done this in the past adn got very dizzy.
What you've gotta be able to do is Forward 5 Beat Chase, Backward 5 Beat Chase, and FW to BW Chase 180Turn.
It's not overly hard, basically when you go to make the 180 turn don't stop turning, and keep them going. Never repeat the chase back over. I can't really explain it well... but it goes from FW Chase to BW Chase to FW to BW.. etc.. etc..

Anyway.. what i was wondering is it anyone has tried this with Glowsticks... hows it look? i'd imagine it'd look decent if not sloppy

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Are you talking about just keep spinning while doing a 5 beat weave? If so, thats just a common move. You can do it with any amount of beats...3,5,7,9 etc so long as you can do forward and backward. Also, you can do it with anything, not just glowsticks.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
oh, i know you can do it with anything, and i never doubted it wasn't common.. but i was wondering if anyone has tried it with sticks and how it looks...

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

XanathBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
hmmmmm, never tried that with sticks. gonna have to now!

Power percieved is power achieved.

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
A fun thing I do with it while spinning fire is arch my hands as far forwards as I can and 'corcscrew' it back towards your body on the downswing so the weave is at a 45 degree angle with the ground, rather than 90 degrees. The effect is a 45 degree circle orbiting around in a larger 90 degree circle.

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
Cool, well tonight i went and bought some glowsticks for 1.50 each and attached them to my strings and my first intention was to just play around to get used to the weight but they slamed against eachother real hard and one broke, so i turned the lights off and had a little fun. Tried the FW to BW to FW.. etc... Chase but problem is, you can't really seem it, because most of the time its to the right where you can't see it because your spinning...

I can't wait till my first school dance of this year, i'm gonna bring in a pair, show off a few tricks, perhaps get a circle going, but right now i'm gonna keep the used sticks i've got now to get used to the weight and then buy a new pair once the dance comes...