Forums > Social Chat > Scary experiences involving drunk people...

Login/Join to Participate

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Right, I had a really bad one recently...I was doing firepoi and firestaff at a festival. I was performing in a small circle of like 15-20 people, not very many, and quite spaced out. I chucked in a couple of blows to make it more interesting, because as everyone knows the crows loves it...And a (I assume) drunk guy yelled "I can do that" and took my dipping jar, filled his mouth with a big gulp, spilt a fair amount down his front, and advanced toward me. I was holding my staff. Of course I yelled at him to spit it out on the ground and moved back... but he 'aspirated' right at me. It was a shame, it was actually quite a good blow, like 3 metres long - but it exploded right in front of my face. Luckily no hair lost or anything, but a very close call. I packed up and left straight away after that.Any similar scary drunk people stories?Oh god, another one, in a club someone 'stole' (let me have a go, go on, please, just a second... yoink) a pair of my glowstick poi and began swinging them... and got in trouble with the bouncers because he immediately hit like three other people, then of course I got the blame. Bastard...------------------"O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
I've, unfortunately, turned into a radical jerk about people borrowing my poi stuff. I used to be nice, but then I learned. All too often, at clubs, I spend time fixing my glowsticks or scampering across the room to get the stick that someone let go of... The thought that keeps me from feeling too badly when I decline is that if they were any good, they'd have brought their own. I do try to bring extras to sell which also works nicely.As for my Zuni in the park I use either "Sorry, they're really delicate and break whenever someone else tries them" or "Sorry, I need to practice" depending on the age of the asker.As for fire I use "NO" or "NO WAY."Again, if they were good, they'd have brought their own. This is for strangers, of course... any of you guys can borrow my stuff anytime. wink

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

eyemonkeymember
22 posts

Posted:
i did a show at a slovenian rock festival and it was interesting. it involved a large number of drunk slovenians falling over or riding bikes. it wasn't scary, just funny...

peace out,EyEMonKeY