laZyBRONZE Member
94 posts

Posted:
Right, can any one be bothered to explain to do the behind the back weave (which ever direction is easiest to learn first.)
Thanks
laZy

as laZy as .....

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
revease (a lot easier)

This is in the lessons section and helped me

also try bend your knees, and bend down like a bow.

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
A few people find the forwards BTB easier, I did and have been able to do forwards for a long time whilst only recently becoming at ease with the reverse.

Here's a short thread with some tips: -

https://www.poiinthepark.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10

if you do a search on HOP there's loads of posts on BTB

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i think someone needs to make some videos showing individual moves on their own over and over again so people can watch and learn. DECENT quality video too. Too many video clips are of less than good quality and the frame rate can sometimes be low enough to not really get a good idea of whats going on. I only recently got btb weave after lots of trying and then seeing a video of someone do it, and somehow it just clicked after that and i knew what i had been doing wrong.
i'd do it myself only i dont have a camcorder and can't do that many moves, only the ones that most people can already do, and don't want to look a tit

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
I learnt how to do this by breaking it down. I taught my self how to do spins behing my back so that with my left hand i could do two revolutions on my right side by posting my hand all the way to where my backbone finishes and leaning my right shoulder across and down a little. After the two revolutions i would spin over to my left side (with my hand still planted at the base of my spine ) for one revolution only. I kept doing this until i could do it repeatedly.
Then i did the same with my right hand.Two revs on thre left and one on the right.
After this i combined the two in split time.
This is the fundamental series of movments for any 'normal' weave
Another little trick that helped me learn was to imagine my head was fixed to my neck facing backwards and that i was doing a normal weave in front of me.
Yet another thing that helped me ws to keep trying with the same kind of music with the same kind of pace to it. This helped me with the pace thing and the rythmn which to me, felt quite foreign at first.
Oh and try doing it with VERY soft poi at first YOU WILL HIT YOUR HEAD....QUITE A FEW TIMES . well i did anyway.

If you need anymore clarification er i can try.

Tennis

My cat's breath smells like catfood

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
you also have to be quite flexxy, and i found with the fwd btb yoou should stretch first.

im really skinng and am flexy as hell so i want to make the poi open behind me and close in front, the opposite of normal, when your poi looking from above right poi around 2 and left about 10 i want left at 2 right at 10.

could look wicked!

It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

laZyBRONZE Member
94 posts

Posted:
Thanks a lot for all your advice. While trying this I got a little frustrated and started doing a reverse weave and while trying to get it behind my back I somehow managed to spina 360 while keeping on doing the weave. I thougt that this was wicked and so now ive got it sorted. Oh well not quite what I wanted to learn but at least I learnt something yesterday.
Once again thanks.
laZy

as laZy as .....

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Forwards BTB, bah who needs it. The reverse is cool enough...

(Walks off complaining about the unfairness of not being able to figure out the forwards BTB)

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
It's strange, I think my whole not-being-able-to-do-forward-btb-ness comes from a psychological block or something.
When I was trying to learn reverse btb, my friend was watching me and said "oh, so it's just reverse weave but lower, and behind you." All she did was state the obvious but I've been able to do it incredibly smoothley ever since.
I've tried telling myself the same thing for forward btb and I'm getting there, but maybe I should just call up my friend and get her to say it again! ^.~

P*L*U*R

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
And another thing, if that doesn't work, does anyone know if trying to do a turn from reverse btb makes it easier?

P*L*U*R

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Deimos:
And another thing, if that doesn't work, does anyone know if trying to do a turn from reverse btb makes it easier?
no, i tried that it just gives you concusions(sp?)

i learnt the fwd btb same way as i learnt the rev, just thowing my arms back while doing a fwd figure 8 then proceeding to do it btb then progressed into full 3 beat

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
turning helped me a lot.. because the momentum helped put my arms in the place they needed to be until I could figure out how to put them there myself...

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

laZyBRONZE Member
94 posts

Posted:
Concussions, well no but i've managed to get my nuts a couple of times. Oh well, who needs children anyway.
laZy

as laZy as .....

soldaribusy-tofu!
133 posts

Posted:
quote:
"oh, so it's just reverse weave but lower, and behind you." All she did was state the obvious but I've been able to do it incredibly smoothley ever since.
Wow, thanks Deimos! I've been trying that move for a week: I gave it a quick try after reading this and TADA! easy as a sunday morning.

::does a dance of joy:: Who would've known it was as easy as doing the reverse weave... but lower and behind me!

there is no better way to say I love you than with the gift of a spatula!

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by laZy:
Concussions, well no but i've managed to get my nuts a couple of times. Oh well, who needs children anyway.
laZy

ok I gotta know.. how in the hell do you hit your nuts doing a -Behind the back- weave?

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by laZy:
laZy

im also wondering that.

JinX sits back and waits for explaination