dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
I just saw and wanted to share with u all the most amzing poi move that i have seen. I am sure it has a name and that heaps of people can do it but i saw it and was blown away, but if anyone could tell me what it is called and if there is a tutorial any where on it i would in your debt

ok....it was tv 20 mins ago on a show called 30 seconds to fame, performed by a lass called Fire Pixie, and she doing this normal as weave, when all of a sudden her arms are in a knot, twirled around each other, and the weave is stil going, then she untwirls her arms and triwls them into a knot the other direction, and she was doing this in front of her, beside her, above her.....it was sooooooooooooo way cool.....
i am more of a staff person so if this is a really basic move tell me and i will shut up, but from where i was sitting i was amazed and nearly fell off my chair.

Also every time a drip of fire hit the ground it started a slow, small creeping fire that wandered across the floor around her feet. What could she have been using to do that?

cheers people

Goose

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
mate, what channel was it? i was watching SBS
the move smells like a fountain to me - was the combination performed in a wall plane?

the fuel sounds kinda volatile. 'fire pixie' have have been dabbling with Dr Peppers, nasty stuff that!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

157 posts

Posted:
i was channel...........let me think.......7. and i have no idea what a wall plane is so i am no help there.....but dear me it is pleasant to watch

cheers

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
The creeping fire on the ground was probably caused by fuel she'd spread on the ground beforehand.

Were her arms in a knot or were her chains in a knot? If her arms were in a knot, she may have been doing a 5 or 7 beat weave. If her chains were in a knot, she may have been doing hyperloops.

E pluribus unum, baby.

6,978 posts

Posted:
in any event, cometh to wednesday nights practice and I demonstrate said fountain for you, 'tis a bit easier than describing it wif text!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Just by the description, Id say it was a 7 beat weave of some sort. Thats the only move I know of that involves arm tangling.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
well fire pixie is on here... may or may not be the same one... wouldn't hurt to ask... hehe...

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

157 posts

Posted:
i thogh the name sounded familiar....i will go and ask her!!!and it was the arms that were twirled up and not the poi, though it may have been as well.....

and as for the fuel on the ground i would have thought that it would all burn up in one go but this just went in litttle bits and went over the same place more then once. Maybe it was just the angle of the camera...but it was also a very slow burn...ne ideas?

cheers

157 posts

Posted:
before i forget and i know that this is the wrong section for this but is the Fitzroy nights on wednesday just in the Fitzroy gardens? what time? i prob wont be able to bring my staffs and stuff but i might come and have a look and meet u all

cheers

6,978 posts

Posted:
the more the merrier!
You'll be as welcomed as mosquito repellent at a nudist colony!
here's the details:

Non-Https Image Link

have fun! (A few of us bringeth spare sticks every weds!)

940 posts

Posted:
People with spare sticks and shiny ads? Lovely! ::sniffle:: I wanna go traveling.. stupid airfare..

E pluribus unum, baby.

6,978 posts

Posted:
regyt, have you considered deportation? I'll provide the poodles!

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
the arms knotting up sound to me more like a 7bt no wrap then a 5 bt or less... however is could have been the dredded 9 bt wrap... dunno.. would ahve had to seen it I guess...

although now that I think about it.. doing a 7 bt in a windmill or cork... hrm.. wait there are evil people that can do 6bt windmills and corks.. *shiver*

who knows...

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

940 posts

Posted:
Eeeeexcellent! Deportation, here I come. Bender, I hope you have couch space for poor unemployed alienated me after those poodles finish up their dirty work.

E pluribus unum, baby.

6,978 posts

Posted:
poodle's don't do dirty work, but that's ok, i'll get you some gloves.

157 posts

Posted:
I am a med student i have lots of plastic gloves!!!!!! i keep them next to my bed and everyone that walks in there gets very worried especialy any random person that may stay the night....You wouldn't beleive half of the things u can do with plastic gloves

cheers

Freyrmember
22 posts

Posted:
uhmmmm.... eep!

Fire is the test of gold; adversity, of strong men. - Seneca (5BC-65AD), Epistles

157 posts

Posted:
It isn't as bad as it sounds..........honestly......... But on the subject of Amazing poi, i am curious to know what other peoples favorite amazing poi moves are.

Basically what have u seen someone do that made u sit down, take a deep breathe and stare in amazment?

cheers

6,978 posts

Posted:
Mr Shibaki's 5x tumble with poi in the COL3 video

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
I haven't seen too much, but my boyfriend does this crazy jump, kick, spin thing while doing corkscrew and it looks pretty righteous

P*L*U*R

HOP Newsletter