Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Buzzsaw revolving seperations

Login/Join to Participate

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Not a new trick, just recently discovered by me in a dream!

Doing the buzzsaw, you seperate the hands so that you have 2 seperate circles. Then you rotate your hands around each other keeping the seperation constant.

Also you can seperate in buzzsaw dropping one below and straight back in again or sending one high and back in again.

You can also add stalls into these seperations as well.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Never thought of that seperating them...thanks.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
do you need really long arms like dom or really short poi like... hmmm.

master of onearmed poi

we like this army stuff.(not as much as some i could mention )

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
I'll be having that it sounds sh*t hot. I bet there's potential for loads of other stuff too. I wish my dreams were that constructive...i wish i didn't so much that i could remember them.. Ah well

My cat's breath smells like catfood

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
That only causes your dreams to be less lucid tennis. Try not smoking before you go to bed, should be more productive. Also, there is a drug... melanonine (?) or something like that gets depleted in your head when you smoke, which causes your dreams to lose a lot of their power. However there are suppliments of it you can take to counteract this. If you smoke and take one and are in the sun, the light turns it into seratonin, and its a very pleasent experience. No light, and you'll pass out and have extremely cool dreams. Just thought I'd share

I have discovered some of my variations and moves through light sleep like or medatative states as well, that's weird. It's kind of like practicing, only in your head without fear of hitting yourself, and you can see much more closely exactly everything thats involved in a move. I've gotten moves that I had been trying to learn for 2 or 3 weeks overnight because of this, just waking up in the middle of the night and suddenly saying "Aha!" and running out to play.

As for the move Jez... Ok, I would think rotating them around each other would be a weave wouldn't it? or do you mean like the weave transition where you seperate the poi into two circles and circle your arms in the same direction, making a kind of four leave clover pattern, only in between your arms (with short chains I would assume?)

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
The four leaf clover way is correct not using the weave. I am sure this move can be modified using isolations and the like but do not yet have the skill to see it.

Well I do use longer than most chains but I wrap them round my hand to the appropriate length when doing buzzsaw moves.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
funny that when I quickly tried this this morning I didn't even think to do it with a normal buzzsaw.

Then I tried keeping the circle of circles still while moving myself in a circle around it just to see how many different circles are possible at once. And then I walked into the TV. Maybe I should ask for a room big enough to spin poi in