Kazzmember
13 posts

Posted:
hey what do you guys think of astrojacks? i jus saw their commercial and now they glow. doesit seem right to start raving w/ them or does it defile the art of raving? prsonally i think its cool because now ravers have a new way of raving. so what do you guys think? should people start raving w/ astrojacks? or should astrojacks stay out of the world of raving?

Raving...the answer to all prolems. just put on some music, bust out yer glowsticks and rave...raving...*sigh*

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
MABEY this sould be in discution forum.

i have no idea what astojacks are!!!!!

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
www.astrojax.com/

they're really, really, really hard.

i've only ever seen one person that could use them properly and it blew my mind.
so i got some.

but as it turns out they're really, really, really hard.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Nah I'd say other toys forum.

Can't really comment on defiling the art of raving but they look cool and I want one, even though I haven't a clue what the hell it is they do.

Which one did you get coleman, I haven't a clue whether I want one for "rebound tricks", "body tricks" or whatever

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i got a saturn cos they look pretty.
you can do the worlds fastest one hand bf with them as well

i found the original ones easier to play with though

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I've got the Saturns and old glow in the dark ones which are also bouncy. Can't figure out too much stuff with them as it's not really my style.

Like Cole says - I've rarely seen them done properly, but when I do I'm blown away.

quote:
defile the art of raving
You what!!!!!
If you ever meet a raver snob, laugh at them really, really hard for me. We're talking about dancing and having fun here!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i heard glass was once a raver snob!

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
Isn't the art of raving all that uv stuff on the walls?

cedemember
42 posts

Posted:
i just got a set of vmax and saturns...these things are crazy...i thought they would be like mini meteors, but they are totaly on a level of their own...honestly i think they sound and look a lot cooler than they are...maybe i'll learn the secret move that seems impossible at first but once you learn it suddenly the whole world opens up...ie weave...i don't know they are fun though

posi vegan straight edge

BlackassBlueass
183 posts

Posted:
Astrowhat? (Yeah baby)

---------------------------------
Breathing fire doesn't look good on the resume - Everclear

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I was very tempted to take it all apart and remount them in as classic poi style as I like the lights.
Found they are great for kids as long as there is heaps of space. The lights are very pretty especially with the two colours. Couldnt get mine to flash tho and dont get them wet as we had to dimantle them and dry them out.

Great for doing the wrap stuff and under the legs.
Good present for kids at under $20 Aus.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I have a video of someone using them really well. The guy's name is UFO. I gotta say, when ya find someone who can use em, they're damn cool. Unfortunately, unless you go hardcore on practicing with em, youre probably not gonna get very far. There are no websites (that I've found) that are all that helpful with learning new tricks. Some have vague or complicated descriptions, others have videos that you cant really figure out whats going on. Overall, its not worth the effort IMO.

::Kicks the Astrojax that have been sitting on his floor for 3 months::

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
UFO is part of the TYM.de yoyo group. He's decent with astrojacks. There's a video at www.tym.de under download, then videos called 'Toy Fair Nurnberg 2003 Clip 2'. Look for it towards the bottom. One guy on there impressed me significantly with astrojacks (not to mentions yoyoing). The video is approximately 32 mb. I think there are 2 or 3 other videos with astrojacks in them.

XanathBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
my freind made a set of astro-poi. they're really fun but the only draw back to them if you only get two wicks, cuz the third is always unlit cuz you need that one to move them around. burns are definetly inevitable with them especially if you are unexperienced with astrojacks.

Power percieved is power achieved.

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hiyall,
I'm pro astrojax, takes alittle messin around but you can get some nice moves undercontrol. They make some funky pics too.

Non-Https Image Link

2 sets of saturns used as poi. Ya let the middle one flop to the bottom and you've got poi.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Switchmember
47 posts

Posted:
Yo, I do alot of astrojax, i've been playing for a little more than a year now, it seems hard or impossible at first, but now i play with them and they are no challenge, so i've kinda moved on to yo-yo. I say, pick up a pair and play with them, learn all the tricks, master it. It's good for you're co-ordination and it looks cool too. As for the raving part, maybe some modified AJ's with super bright LEDs would be good for that, but normal saturns wouldn't have the right effect.
Later.

I kinda ran over his dog, well replace the word kinda with repeatedly, and the word dog with son.

Switchmember
47 posts

Posted:
www.aj.tym.de
That's UFO's website. Download the one called "UFOJAX in action" That's the best AJ vid i've seen.

I kinda ran over his dog, well replace the word kinda with repeatedly, and the word dog with son.

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
I recently bought some astrojax too, finding them so hard though and nothing like poi at all (stupidly thought i may be able to use poi skill with them but it seems not..) It's such a contrast that barely moving your hands can do all that crazy stuff. ubbloco

For those that have mastered this crazy toy - do you reckon if you have good enough coordination to do poi that with a little patience i could 'get' astrojax too? I've not given up yet but...

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

Switchmember
47 posts

Posted:
Yes definately, Don't give up! To incorperate(sp?) poi with AJ, do a "Thriiller" which is basically a 1 handed butterfly holding the middle ball, or a "Calicopter" which is where you hold the middle ball, letting both the end balls dangle, then pinch with each hand, on each side of the middle ball, and then siple do a corkscrew type thing, in front of you. Go to The astrojax official site and check out the tricks on there, they're fun to learn.
It only takes a little while before you're doing all the tricks in flowing combos. If you can do the basics, try learning the trick called " Venus", it's easy, but looks cool.
It's not really that difficult when you practice. It gets really addictive. Anyway, loiter around the forum Here
Ok, Have fun Ajing...
Switch ubbloco

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
thank you thank you. will persevere for a little longer and see how far i get. keep hearing it gets addictive but almost hoping it doesn't! ubbloco

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
oops, forgot to say: to anyone reading this that there is another astrojax thread in the 'other toys' section, which is probably where this one belongs too, hey ho. ubblol