Lost_kausemember
14 posts

Posted:
i just started about 3 months ago n ive been reading this ttn stuff n realised it one of my only 4 moves that i can do really well i need help with the 3 beat weave turn (coz my poi always go into my head) and the 4bw any help would be aprecciated

[_ [] 5 t K @ (_) s E

Kazzmember
13 posts

Posted:
well i jus registered at this site and i dont knw all these terms like the 3 beat turn but i'm guessin it means doing a 360 spin while weaving. well if thats the case. all i do is that after a figure 8 motion (when you weave basicly its a series of fgure 8s) i spin the string one extra time on the sde i want to turn on. when o do this its a reverse weave meaning its going the othe direction this toois a series of figure 8s. after that jus repeat but its a little differant cause its reverse. and if 3 beat means turning around 3times then just keep doing it until you turn 360 3 times. well like i said i dont know what a 3 beat turn is so if i'm wrong about ths whole thing explain it to me.

Raving...the answer to all prolems. just put on some music, bust out yer glowsticks and rave...raving...*sigh*

Kazzmember
13 posts

Posted:
sorry i forgot to mention that when you spin the poi two times on one side turn yer body 180 degrees so you'll face the other direction. from there you start going reverse. its same way to complete the 360

Raving...the answer to all prolems. just put on some music, bust out yer glowsticks and rave...raving...*sigh*

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
HAHAHAHA, i love newbie talk, memories!!!

anyway the 3 beat turn is just doing a 3 beat weave and a 180 turn, but dont feel toooo bad
Kazz coz you got is right to turn on the 3b (b = beat) weave get both poi on one side of your body and turn towards that side, but remember the poi are spinning in the same dirrection so, BUT, you are faceing the oppposite way so your hand do an exact mirror image what you where doing before (or if you like the opposite, UNDER, OVER, OUT)

hope that helps

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
jinX what is a beat? all this newb stuff confusses me. sounds like some thing you do to a drum.

Lost_kausemember
14 posts

Posted:
nooo i didnt state clearly then i can do a 3bw forwards and backwards but when i turn they always go wierd and lose sync so can anyone suggest anything plz...

[_ [] 5 t K @ (_) s E

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Still not sure whether you can't do this or if you do this sometimes and the poi go a bit wonky. If it's the latter, just keep practicing and it'll sort itself out.

Two bits of good advice though.

1) If you name the thread with something more meaningfull people may realise they are in fact able to help you. Not everyone has time to check all threads. And also anyone else struggling with similar stuff can check the thread out too.

2) Do a search on the what you're having a problem with because doubtlessly rakes of people, including me have had a similar problem before and there are loads of fantastic tips in previous threads.

Happy swinging

J

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.