tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
i searched but nothing, i have done poi for a year and i really tried to avoid doing butterfly i have one problem which is when i do it, the left hand which is under always goes on a different axis than in front of me and it wants to go to the side , my right hand is always on the topand my right hand does it perfect but the left is weird.i'm going insane

as you could say i'm going back to the basics

¿

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by tiamat_22580:
i searched but nothing, i have done poi for a year and i really tried to avoid doing butterfly i have one problem which is when i do it, the left hand which is under always goes on a different axis than in front of me and it wants to go to the side , my right hand is always on the topand my right hand does it perfect but the left is weird.i'm going insane

as you could say i'm going back to the basics

If you're doing an in synch butterfly one hand should always be slightly higher (sounds like the right in your case).

Might help if you practise an off synch butterfly as well i.e. rather than both poi/hands moving in time with each other, they are out of phase- in this one neither hand stays on top.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Practice with just the left hand as slowly as possible until it stays in the correct plane.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Hey don't worry, I've been doing poi for ages and I still have this problem when doing a reverse butterfly One of these days I'll get round to sorting it out I suppose...

"Moo," said the happy cow.

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
i think i figured it out myself which is turn my left hand upside down, which makes it easier to go on the right plane. so i'll try it later , but for your guys ideas , i tried all of them before i posted this thread and was still having the problem

¿

Kazzmember
13 posts

Posted:
ok,this is what you do. take both strings and make two differant circles. then while spinning move thm closer and coser together. when your hands touch jus move them together up and down. its very easy.

Raving...the answer to all prolems. just put on some music, bust out yer glowsticks and rave...raving...*sigh*

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
also try move your right hand (top hand) slightly forward this makes it easier dont know why, mabey coz the planes are not on the same path just parallel and real close.

good luck

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
just make pretty patterns..... who cares about names of moves............

fire twirling= fuel for the minds of those on acid.