Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Ceiling plane TTN while on the floor?

Login/Join to Participate

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
I've recently been doing a few ceiling plane moves as I lay down on the floor (on my back). It's quite impressive looking I think, especially if you do it smoothly without stalling any beats while lowering yourself to the ground. I'm just wondering: Is this uncommon? I haven't seen anyone else actually lay down on the floor and do any move, let alone butterfly/TTN.

And in case anyone wants to try this, start off by doing a split-beat butterfly in front of you, and very slowly bring it over your head. Try lowering to the ground in the split beat butterfly first, perfect that, and then try it without it being split beat (more likely to tangle due to gravity). From there you can obviously quite easily go in to TTN, which looks amazing in ceiling plane I might add (two circles that alternate towards the sky in large circle).

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ive seen people do it with glowsticks at clubs alot... Mostly the people who could only do 2 beat weaves and butterfly really fast. It could be something nice to put into a routine if ya do it quick. But the reason tricks while laying down isnt too popular is because ya cant do much like that. Just butterfly/TTN and wheel plane moves.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
You might do well to check out some of Sage's demonstration videos on the movie section of this site - she has some amazing stuff and does several tricks while lying on the ground.

Vertical TTN does indeed look sweet, right now I'm trying to work on a variation of it that's like a tight corkscrew in front. Perhaps also try some wrist wraps during the Vert TTN to switch its direction, that could get some good applause.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't say that people doing a butterfly from laying down was very uncommon.. and that following TTN would not be far behind...

The trick is.. can you do 4bt TTN stall 4bt reverse TTN while laying down?

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Would be hard to stall when youre laying down...If ya dont keep em spinning, they're gonna drop.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

WintermuteLost in the world but loving it :)
119 posts

Posted:
I do lts of stuff lying down, and do forward rolls and backward rolls into lying down moves etc, etc (damn I need to make avid of my playin, damn damn )

If fishes were wishes we'd all cast nets

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
I can do a 4 bt forward.. and 4 bt rev from laying down.. but I dont do any stalls..
but I ahve seen people go from a forward TTN to rev TTN with a stall-like motion... and since the poi never really had time to drop while they were doing the switch over.. I'm sure it wouldn't be unfeasable to do it laying down... you'd just have to use a wrist flick to quickly pop them in the other direction instead of completely stalling..

edit: ok I accidently did a poi on poi stall that changed a butterfly to a rev butterfly while laying down.. so I guess it is possible to do it with a TTN.. I wish I could do stalls...

[ 13. August 2003, 18:26: Message edited by: Rev ]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Four beat TTN in ceiling plane while on back, double bicept wrap into rev 4BTTN.

Then watch everyone call you an 'american'.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
hehe.. I don't do hardly any wraps either.. I've not been twirling long enough to soak all these moves in hehehe..
I need to learn how to thow those wraps in on liek windmills, weaves, and such because the only wraps I do right now are forearm and leg(thigh and occasionally calf or ankle.. )