Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > That whole weave thang......

Login/Join to Participate

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hiya
i've been working on a series of poi lessons, as many of the weaves I can do, 3-7bt I think. I am curious if I've named em right. Any second opinions,

Poi lessons.

Sorry for spamy nature,
Mot.

[ 03. August 2003, 13:19: Message edited by: Mot ]

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
The weave ones look good, but I think I caused your site to exceed it's data limit looking at the rest... sorry!

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
No problem, should be sorted now, please try again, The site is no where near finished, so if you find mistakes or just have suggestions, please please give them to me. It's my first time :sheepish grin:

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
Nice to see someone making tutorial's .....
just a couple of suggestion ....
1. is it possible to make the gif's go a bit slower? would make it a bit easier to see whats going on and to learn from......

2. Dont know if I saw it right (could be because the vid's go to fast )
but I didnt see any isolations on the '3beat variation' in 'other stuff' I know the move and it can feel like a isolation but IO didnt see it

3. the shooting angle.....think it would be better if you stand in a 45' angle instead of the 90' , beeing a tutorial and all...cause with some moves like the weaves, it's kinda funny to see when you should bring the hands to the other side

But i liked the rest.....black clothes on white walls was a really good idea...

Anyway....keep up the good work

I like Fire.. :)

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
COOL thanks,
Will keep the tips in mind. Was thinking about having a frontal view as well as a side view for each trick. D'you think that would help or just confuse?
And yup tricks do go too quick, or there are too little frames or something, will work on that too.
Thanks again,
mot.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Most gif making software has options to set the time per frame. I know Adobe ImageReady does. You can set the frame speed at 1 second or so to slow it down.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
What really would be cool is making small movies where the cameraman move in a circle around while you're doing the move....but then again the files could get to big? might work in the *.wmv format.....not to sure
But two angles is good ...wouldnt confuse at all I think ......espesially if the front angle vid is a bit closer.....showing more the arm movement.....(think that have been done in HOP's tutorials).....

Was thinking about making "tutorials" myself so I'm happy to talk about different ideas
but I was thinking more about filming
buzzsaw's,isolations,hyperloops and so on.... so that people new to HOP dont have to ask on the board....
just dont know when I get the time to do it

I like Fire.. :)

cicatrixmember
32 posts

Posted:
I thought it was good, at least now I know that I know how to do a 2 beat weave even tho for some reason a 3 beat one seems to be beyond me (watch, tomorrow I'll realise that I've actually been doing it for a week not knowing what it was)
The only suggestion I'd make is that (as a beginner which I definitely am) I would have appreciated more of a description of what exactly you were doing - the descriptions seemed really brief and were hard to understand. I really appreciated the skipping rope analogy tho, that's the way I've figured out how to do most things I know how to do.
In fact, if anyone can describe how to do a 3 or more beat weave using jumprope analogies for me so I understand it, I will be your slave forever; because I still can't figure it out and it's making me so angry.

'share and enjoy'