MikeIcon
MikeIcon

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2109
Posted:Anyone doin any hyperloop or air wrap throws? Just thought of it today and havent seen it mentioned. Figured Id pass along the idea to those who can actually DO hyperloops and air wraps

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Delete Topic

flid
flid

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3136
Posted:i've seen several people wrap both chains together in corkscrew and throw the 2 in the air, catch and unravel.

As for hyperloops, i only ever do throwws with one poi at a time, but i have thought about letting go of one handle whilst entering a hyperloop and grabbing it again as it exits. Not actually a throw, but same genre.

Delete

MikeIcon
MikeIcon

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2109
Posted:The later is more like what I was thinking about. Ive seen Dantana chuck both while they were wrapping but I was thinking something along the lines of going into a hyperloop or air wrap and as soon as the chains cross, let one go and catch it on the way around.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Delete

flid
flid

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3136
Posted:in which case i've done it by accident, but not planned. Will have a go. However a lot of stuff like this doesn't look very good (i think) at night when you can only see the wick. Same goes for throws in general, unless i do them really high people just don't notice i've done em

Delete

JinX
mushroom collector
Total posts: 208
Posted:dont do throws they break your poi!!!!!!!!!!!!

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

Delete

MillenniuM
MillenniuM

Hyperloops suck

Total posts: 595
Posted:Pffffft, you say that, but your sig says "Go big or go home"? Blasphamy!

Delete

[Nx?]
[Nx?]

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3749
Posted:Funnily enough, Bluecat was doing suicide hyperloops yeasterday too, with small metiors used like poi, go into normal backwards hyperloop, let one end go, spot and catch on other side, poi unwrap, simple. That boy is too dark. the hard bit is spotting the catch, good luck!

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Delete

BlackFireJack
Total posts: 167
Posted:quote:Originally posted by Royal:
Anyone doin any hyperloop or air wrap throws? Just thought of it today and havent seen it mentioned. Figured Id pass along the idea to those who can actually DO hyperloops and air wraps I do them....
really nice and techy withouth beeing to hard to learn.....and endless variations

had a thread about it a couple of months ago but
cant fint it...(didnt try to hard)......

so you have any spesific throws you do or?

I like Fire.. :)

Delete

DJ Dantana
veteran
Total posts: 1495
Posted:I have actualy been experimenting with those for a while. Here is the most advanced one....do a normal weave hyperloop, as they get tangled let go of one end and throw the other one in the air by using the poi you are still holding....yes, I know, they are still VERY shaky...but I have managed to do it correctly a few times.... maybe with about a year of practice...

try working on horizontal throws....where the poi rotate about a horizontal axis...you might be surprised what you discover....

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Delete

DJ Dantana
veteran
Total posts: 1495
Posted:also...experiment with letting the chains hit at variouse points along their length. There are different effects that happen depending on where the chains hit in relation to their center of mass and rotation,

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Delete