DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I've been wondering for a while what a tangled buzzsaw was and believe me it's one of the hardest things to find out about on this board (unless I'm overlooking a thread of course).

Well I found something nice yesterday and wondered if it'd be it. It feels like that sounds so....

In a weave, say on right hand side, let the chains wrap on each other keeping the hands still (is this called an airwrap?) then let them come into the middle for a buzzsaw (they stay peculiarly apart and pleasantly make you smile) and then to the left handside to unwrap.

Is that one of 'em?
Is that a maxi plus?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i beleive so, althou it was described to me as an inner hyperloop. It's a real nice move, i only got it within the last week or so. I can also only do it left to right, does that make me weird?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
DSS
yes
yes
yes
Flid
no. but you are anyway

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
hyperloops are the best... when you nail them...

I like Fire.. :)

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
Tangled buzzsaw = :

A) Inside hyperloop weave
B) Inner Hyperloop
c) Buzzsaw hyperloop
D) Maxi+ (Im not sure)??? Thought it was an airwrap.

The hard thing about tangled buzzsaw to me is the : # of weaves in whatever plane, # of rotations inside hands, and also the # of times the string has tangled before the hyperloop starts. Its way

Its all just smoke and mirrors

KillaHill_10304member
17 posts

Posted:

[ 04. July 2003, 20:23: Message edited by: KillaHill_10304 ]

don't worry we'll soon all go back to the gases

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Ummm, are you talking about a tangled buzz saw or a normal buzzsaw?

Also how does this box work???

Sorry, just don't get it?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
I'll try to explain it....not a big writer but here I go...
do a 3beat weave ....and when you're about to take the pois to the other side you make some space between your hands...let the chains cross....and just when they have crossed you let the balls go between your hands....
and let them spin like a wheel between your arms ..
from above it will look like a cross ...
one line between your arms and one line between the pois....
POI
|
--|------HAND
HAND ---|-|
|
|
POI

that what you see when you look down during a tangled buzzsaw.....the cross breake both pois into a 90¤ angle......

But the thing with TB's is that you have to exit right....
you can only have 2,4,6,8,..... balls going between your hands before you have to take it to the other side to release it......you cant start and exit on the same side....

¨hope that helps

I like Fire.. :)

PoiBoxmember
85 posts

Posted:
hmmm . . . sorry do not really understand your graphical explanation . . .

But another question: Do you guys enter into the tangled buzzsaw via the 2 beat hyperloop(from right to left with the righthandpoi first to go inside) or via the 4 beat hxperloop(from right to left with the lefthandpoi first to go inside) ??
The 4 beat is much harder in my oppinion but still possible (sometimes)
Any thoughts/suggestions about the 2nd version ???

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i go into it from an airwrap.

the first beat of the airwrap creates that one-turn tangle we all know and love and the second beat comes inside the arms, giving the tangled buzzsaw.

can go in from 2bt hyperloop (as in 2 tangled beats) but its far, far trickier.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
i first coleman and glaSS doing this at the bjc and it was imprecive to say the least, how many was it drew, 9 rotations or something rediculas.. anyways ive been working on the move and intrducing it into the brisvegas juggling community. tech: think of ur hands in a verticle square in front of you, as u get the hyperloop on the right side ur right hand should be at the top right corner of the square and ur left at the bottom right corner, when it hooks move ur left hand to the top left corner and watch the poi levatate in front of you, when they begin to loose momentum pull ur right hand down to the bottom left corner and continue with the three beat weave... i took my goatie of more than once attemping this move on fire so be carefull..

how are all the london peeps, hope all is well withh the essex boys, the clappham house and the hendon massive... miss you all so much, im doing my best to stay occupied... im teaching now and i always recount the story of outside the theatre at the bjc when drew made evryones jaw drop... anyways drop me a line sometime boys, and miss bambam.. have fun, happy hunting
myth mitch

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
oh,..
its more fun isolated,
i got it down last week and it boggles the mind

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
quote:
Flid no. but you are anyway
Did you know that until the age of about 5 i always drew Ss back to front? Or about the fact that for the first 10 months of learning poi I thought reverse butterfly was normal butterfly and vice versa (crappy gif animations!). You wouldn't beleive the amount of bruises i got learning transitions from the wrong direction of butterfly following text descriptions, but i got there!

My university project supervisor called me 'ecentric, but in a good way' a while ago. I don't know if that's a compliment or not thou, his favourite hobby is trainspotting

will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
rude.

this is just the thread I was looking for!

I think I almost have this move everybody is talking about. 2 beats yes, more and I usually get tangled up trying to unwrap them. Is this because you need several beats to unwrap them or because I am doing an incorrect number of beats (ie not 2,4,6,8)? I can't figure it out.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help here.

cheers, will