Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > THE TORNADO ---- any thoughts ??

Login/Join to Participate

Rich0fPoimember
4 posts

Posted:
HOWDY ALL!!
ive been doing this move and ive called it the tornado. the discription goes like this:
normal 3 beat fountain in front of you and on your right side switch it around to behind the back fountain. which then goes behind you from left to right then on your right side from behind your back to in front again.
this goes round and round and looks quite good i can imagine.
are others able to do this??? and does it have another name ??
just wondering

PeAcE oUt to Y'aLLRiCh0

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Umm, your description is a bit vague.
sorry, I don't understand
I don't think you mean fobut untain the same way that we normally mean fountain round here.

Can you have another go with more detail please.

Weird, I've been working a wicked set of concepts for combos called tornado's too at the moment.

cheers
Glass

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
what about a rotating quad of a corkscrew? juts continue spinning for ever..or until you get tired...whichever comes first..

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
it's continuous behind the back weave turn in the wall plane. no?

Tis a good move. Related is this: when you're doing the btb weave on wall plane and the poi are ni front of you, turn your body and keep the poi spinning in the same place. You can do a 360 turn with your body.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sounds like fountain then BTB wall plane.

Rich0fPoimember
4 posts

Posted:
yeah howdy all ... im very new to homeofpoi ... this is my first posting im not too farmiliar with all your terms. i assume 3 beat weave is 3 beat weave everywhere. and backwards 3bw is the same but spinning backwards.
to me fountain is when you join the two together from forwards to your left into forwards to your right and back again and so forth.
the TORNADO is what i call when you do this from left to right in front of you and then from your right side you flick it behind your back. here you do another semi rotation behind your back and flick it round in front of you.
it is pretty much doing a circle of fountain around you. if only i could draw a diagram or even show you.
ive probably confused you but if you know what i mean give it a go.

poi on

PeAcE oUt to Y'aLLRiCh0

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
humm, could be a toothgrab? shotgun? w/wrap?

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti