RETTWINSmember
9 posts

Posted:
So I have been able to do this move for about a month now but I still can't help hitting my thighs when i first bring the weave around back. Any suggestions as to how to keep from hitting myself?

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Yup, keep practicing

If you run a search on "btb weave" you'll find more than you can read on one sitting of the toilet. The toilet isn't the best place to try it though.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
well i can give you one peice of advice that if you run a search you will be told a million times.

bend down(like a bow) and bend your knees slightly. this gives your arms more space to move and with the knees it gives the poi move space to move past your legs.

its a great trick i love it so i hope this helps

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

RETTWINSmember
9 posts

Posted:
JinX, the bending the knees thing help my SOOOO much. Thanks.
Peace, J-RETT

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
any time, im fairly new at this stuff(5 months) and only have started resently (last mounth) the hard stuff.

but any questions you have just email me. its easier.

where do you live?

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
bending the knees is the total missing key and takes ages to figure out on your own.

if your learning the forwards variety try twisting at the hips more rather than any bending of the knees, feels like your hunched over too, but as time comes both forwards and reverse will become easier and you will be able to get your hands into possition better and do the moves standing straight.

:key: time oh or ask us! pleasure to help others.

Rich0fPoimember
4 posts

Posted:
ive only been in the game for 4 months but im totally addicted to poi .... the thing to do as soon as you comfy with both forwards and backwards is to turn it over into the btb fountain! it feels so good when you have that flowing . .... takes practice though

PeAcE oUt to Y'aLLRiCh0