Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > btb weave and 5 beat weave..please help..!!

Login/Join to Participate

Fire Mamamember
53 posts

Posted:
Yes folks...I've searched.
So..here goes. I THINK I have gotten the 5 beat weave but am a bit ignorant on the term . So, Where-as the 3 beat weave is 1 spin on one side and 2 on the other..(IS IT?)..I then gather that the 5 beat one is 2 beats on one side and 3 on the other? (I haven't really gotten it to flow rhythm wise yet). Please let me know if I'm on track here . In terms of the btb weave...to learn the basics am I to start by spinning backwards and then move into the move?? (I can do the btb butterfly..)Are there any special tricks? If there're any pointers floating around..I'd love to be enlightened!!!

Thru meditation I program my heart to beat break beats and hum bass lines on exhilation....

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
5bt weave - that's exactly right.
each poi does 2 beats on its own side, 3 beats when crossed over the body.
left poi will lead to left hand side from the right and right poi will lead to the right hand side from the left.

a tip for getting into btb weave

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
You would think so, Coleman, but for some reason each poi does 3 on its own side, 2 on the cross side.

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:

well i'll be ****ed. right you are!

cheers jo

*wanders off frowning and muttering something about being obvious... 4bt weaves... *

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Fire Mamamember
53 posts

Posted:
Cheers...got it.
...thanx for the tips on btb....I'm doing the pedulum thingy you described, I,ve been using this method since I started trying to learn it..hit me self alot. Guess it takes practice. Didn't know that I could link it up with the backwards weave(Haven't got far enough with the move itself to even fathom how I'm gonna flow it with other things!)and that's super good to know...gives me a whole other perspective. Cheers

Thru meditation I program my heart to beat break beats and hum bass lines on exhilation....