i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
I don't know if anyone here is from Ohio, or made it to Hookahville at Fronteir Ranch this weekend, but there were a few fire performers out there that were pretty good!

Anyway, I learned the 5-beat weave this weekend (stumbled onto it while... stumbling around with my poi). I seem to have to twist my body in strange ways to pull it off though without the chains coming close together. I also got the hyperloop down on the right side, but whenever I try to bring it together and across from the left, my chains get tangled...

But I found that if I bring my right hand across first (instead of pushed out to the left) when going from the left to right, my chains cross and spin about each other many many times in small rotations until they either stop, hit each other, or I somehow pull them apart... Only the last one looks really neat, but eh, its somethin new.

knagi at workmember
1 post

Posted:
Sounds like you had fun... So I guess you got to meet zane and jason, and prolly juggling "set the field on fire" jack. I went there once along time ago and they didn't want fire throwing going on at all. So I spent my memorial day weekend on the beach at nelsons... www.nlqp.com It's just east of cleveland and I show up there for every festival.. And poi and staff are just the beginings of what I throw up there. Me and one of my friends ended up having a drunkin flaming sword fight attempted fire baseball. Had a sweet game of fireball and fire dodgeball.... a.k.a hit the idiot with the ball of flames. Yea needless to say Hookaville... 80$ bucks admission and limited fire compacity.. Or nelson's Free and I can burn whatever I want... Heheh see you at nelson's sometime man.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Haha indeed I go to Nelsons a lot! I have never done fire up there, though I will be this summer because I won't be afraid of lighting myself or anyone or thing else on fire now. I have played with my ElectroGlow poi out there at the Earlybird festival though.

I was surprised that they let people do fire performances at Hookahville. This was my first one so I didn't take my fire implements (hindsight being 20/20...) but I did have my Electroglow's with me. Had two people come up and try using them, one guy and one girl (She was cute ). I never understood the difference in styles until I saw them perform... I now realize just what my style is like with poi. I even had a 5 yr old come up and ask to play with my poi... I didn't let him, but I got down on my knees and gave him a personal performance which seemed to please him.

There was one staff person there who was pretty good, but I wanted to show him some contact moves cause his routine was lacking any that I saw. Unfortunatly at that point I was... um... not in the condition to play with something that could leave my hands, especially when on fire. Another person who had seen me doing it at Nelson's once came up to talk to me at one point on Friday but I was quite innebriated and think I accidently ignored him/her (It was dark and loud)... if this happened to be someone you know tell them the Electroglow poi kid is sorry.

There was also a few jugglers... one dressed up in clown gear, and another down the way from my campsite who was juggling fire.

Next time you are out at Nelson's look for me! I'm there most festival weekends. Fall Hookahville will have George Clinton, AND Dark Star Orchestra, along with a few other popular bands that make the rounds at Nelsons. Should try and make it out on Memorial Day weekend!

knagiiBRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
This is kinda turning into a personal conversation seeing as not many people from around the world goto a little hippy party in ohio.. I sent you my phone number.. Check your PM's and gimmie a call.