DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I've seen mention somewhere of the btb butterfly weave but I've seached now and foind nothing.

Would I be right in thinking that it involves one arm coming behind the back at a time to meet the opposite and butterfly bouncing back and forth swapping the arm that's going behind the back?

I can get this going doing forward butterfly on my left hand side but it seems impossible to get across into reverse butterfly on the right hand side.

Has anyone experienced this problem and over come it or perhaps be able to shed some light and salvation on this for me?

thanks

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
i cant do this but hey:

the problem with this move is you will need to know the forward btb weave and the btb bf in both directions plus you would have to be really flexible. if you have all theses pined you should figure out the btb bf weave soon

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
my tip is to keep a mental note of which hand is on the inside and which on the outside. When doing btb stuff its natural to exagerate and pull your arms out as far as possible to avoid hitting yourself. This is find for the weave, but with butterfly weave you need to make sure you have the hands in the correct position or else one poi will wrap round the other arm.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I managed to force Jo to try it a few times the other week, it looked delightfull mixed in with normal bfly weave stuff but he didnt like the feel and wouldn't be poseable model for long

I could maybe get a a short video of it this weekend if he can be bullied as i'm off to Josh's again but last time I did that about the 5beat bfly weave nobody even responded to my questions

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Yea that'd be cool if you could get some of that of camera. Tis a funny bugger this one. Think it's gunna be great once I get it going though.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
quote:
it looked delightfull mixed in with normal bfly weave
yeah, this is what i tried to explain in my Crafty badger thread posted a month or so ago. You can switch from side to side between butterfly weave and btb weave doing a beat of each. I still can't do it fluidly or well enough to attempt with fire thou.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Here, if you're that bored in work today, think about this one...

I'm stil having a problem with this. Say left arm swinging forwards and right arm backwards. On the left it's fine cause the right poi slots between the left poi and the left leg. On the RHS there's a prolems cause the left poi won't fit between the right poi/arm and the arse cause me arm's in the way.

I'm beginning to think that the only way to do it is to keep the left poi between the outside of the right arm now but it feels a little wrong that way...

Any thoughts on this one. It'd go nice with the rest of the wheels plane butterfly moves....

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i think this but i might be wrong...

btb moves - the transitions are backwards too.

i'll explain with the use of a handy clock face analogy and some overzealous use of the word 'side'.

imagine someone doing a rev weave with you watching from their left hand side.

the poi will be going clockwise with the spinner standing inside the clock face, just to the right of the centre of the circle as you look at it.

since the body is slightly to the right of the centre point, the poi always transition from one side of the spinner to the other whilst going from 6 to 12 on the clock - if they didn't the spinner would get tangled trying to transition through their body!

if the spinner now spins a btb rev weave you will see a very slight change from where you are watching - the centre point of the clock face will move to behind the spinner which to you means their body is now positioned slightly to the left of the centre of the clock face.

the consequence of this is that the transitions from one side of the spinner's body to the other now occur when the poi swing from 12 to 6 - that is, on the other half of the clock face.

so what we have is:

poi swinging rev infront = transition side to side on the up swing

poi swinging rev behind = transition side to side on the down swing

this is not something many people pay attention to and i believe it is the reason that btb weaves are harder to learn than most expect.

when you consider that with a btb bf weave you have two opposing directions to contend with which means one poi swaps from an upward swing transition to a downward swing transition and the other does the opposite, its no wonder its a complete headf*ck!

i'm still bored dude... [Wink]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
ok... I can do the 3 bt BTB BF weave.. but the 5 BT still eludes me.. I can't quite get a 4bt TTN on each side BTB yet...

my suggestion on getting the 3bt is to learn to make a butterfly with one arm BTB on the each side.. like a butterfly on the left side with your right hand BTB.. that seems to be the hardest part of the move in general.. because the actual weaving will come naturally after you've got the BF's... or if you want I taught someone by having them do the same thing they learned the forward one with.. doing a BTB butterfly.. and turning 180... they seemed to cath on to that and then just rotated it from left to right... I know those arne't much help.. but its all I can give at the moment..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Like Rev said, I think, practice doing btb butterfly's on each "side". Personally I have a hard time explaining any move, since I do all my moves without putting any mental thought into where my hands are and things like that. Repition makes things work and stick into your memory. With butterfly weaves I'm now working on fluidly transitioning from the forward butterfly weave to the btb butterfly weave, kind of interesting, however definitly something I shouldn't be doing in my small apartment