i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
I'm trying to bring some of my between the leg moves from staff into my poi stuff. I saw some guy who is really good at it on one of the COL videos (two I think?) jumpin around all ninja like, lol.

So anyway, I'm going from a forward weave, lifting my right leg while its on my right side, bringing the weave under that leg, and then jumping onto that (the right) leg and bringing it out from under my left leg... Now I only started doing this yesterday, but I still have the same problem, I seem to always hit my right leg when I jump onto it (Around the ankle usually). Is this just a plane control problem? Maybe I can do it easier if I spin 180 or 360 to the left when I do it?

I'd watch the COL video, but my VCR is broken so I can't see how he did it...

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
weave under the leg is a little simple to learn with some practice, i find reverse works better.
the first beat on one side goes under that sides leg (leg being raised) the second poi follows and the first one comes out and makes the 3rd beat over the leg, at this point when the 2nd poi is coming out move the lifted foot inwards so it doent get in the way of the other poi, then you wont get any tangles.

doing it from forwards works real nice from a 4 beat and going in with the opposite arm leading.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
You can actually do the entire 3-beat weave under the leg, although I'm not sure how to do it in reverse. It's my signature trick that I learned while tryin to do what PK described.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
loads of different varitaions to discover brain transplant needed.

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
or start it with one hand btb, one infront

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive