PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Jus been lookin @ posts n I'm confused and intrigued.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Where you spin the poi in front of you in between your arms aka BTN burn the nose.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
a sweet move where both poi are spinning vertically between both hands, on the same vertical axis. often have to shorten longer poi to transition into it. variation on how high you perform it, and wether the poi are in the same direction or not. This move gets alot of varying names: Bicycle, ferris wheel, chin burner, The Hans Blix etc.
if ya can't follow that dreadfully colourless description, here's a lovely pic of cass performing it taken by Flynt:

Non-Https Image Link

hope ya don't mind, flynt, it's for a good corrs!
Mmmmmm, Andrea.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
and a cunning way to shorten the chains without anyone noticing to go into it is by doing normal butterfly and opening your hand, letting the chains wrap once aroound your hand, gripping it when it comes round with yoru thumb and forefinger. To get out of this afterwards you can just flick your wrist and they will fall off, putting them back to original length.

I normally go from butterfly, shorten them, do some seperations and turn 90 degrees and do buzzsaw in split time with the chains going forward.

It's easiest with chain, metal cord hurts if you do it too much. Ballchain is ok, but i prefer chain.

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
tell me if this is a new trick although its probebly to easy for the poi gods to think of,

basically: shorten you chains (if they too long)-(any way) start by doing a normal 3b weave then (right to left) bring the poi between your arms one revolution each then bring them out on the other side and then back. you can do it from both sides or just from the right or left.

it makes a funky design and it feels cool.

if i could name it it would be "burn the chase" or short BtC

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
“We ain’t inventing nothing, all this shit been done before… we just manifesting it at a different time.” ... Detours.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Well now I know I'll burn me chin. lol

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
quote:
basically: shorten you chains (if they too long)-(any way) start by doing a normal 3b weave then (right to left) bring the poi between your arms one revolution each then bring them out on the other side and then back. you can do it from both sides or just from the right or left.
Its just a weave with a buzzsaw beat in the middle. Yeah, its been done many a time before

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me