Yoyomember
25 posts

Posted:
I was wondering if anyone could give me a few tips on the reverse 5 beat weave...

I can do it forwards fine but when i try to do it reversed I always seem to end up doing the normal 5 beat weave instead and I can't work out what I'm doing wrong!

Any suggestions?

xxx

A beautiful person needs no other merit than they're own existence!

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
spin them the other direction?

If you haven't tried to search the forums yet that might lead to some help, else you're going to need to be more specific with your questions.

[ 28. April 2003, 04:17: Message edited by: Jaeden ]

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

Yoyomember
25 posts

Posted:
Ok i admit that was vague

I think what I'm getting at is when you do the forward 5 beat beave from right to left the its the left hand that wraps around the right and then back again so when doing it in reverse is this the same or does the right hand wrap around the left?

Do you see what I mean or am I just onto a loser here

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
i cant help much as i only just got the foreward 5b weave and havet even tried the recerse but how i figure out my tricks is, do think just do! and sometimes you get the trick or something else even better.

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
As far as I'm concerned this move is impossible. I don't know if it's gunna work but my next plan on this is to wind up for forward five beat and then turn around and check the hand possition. I haven't tried it yet but it might work.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
This move is a bugger to learn... took me a while

Basically whereas with the fowards 5bt you have right-hand side your right hand wraps over your left wrist so the poi spins past the right side of your body (and vice versa on the left side - left hand wraps over the right wrist) with the reverse on your right side your right hand wraps underneath your left wrist... basically both wrists will cross palm up.

The difficulty I found with the reverse is that whereas with forwards you can be quite lazy making sure your left hand leads over to the left when going backwards you really have to twist both hands a lot more to ensure that your left hand leads across, and keep both wrists locked together as you bring the poi across before unwrapping on the left hand side.

Hope that helps some!

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
I thought u ment btb. Sorry. But if you just let the chains wind up on your arm/ hand and then take it from there in un-wraping, you should slowly learn where to swing them. You dont have to unwrap on the other side as you can also unwrap behind you. You should'nt have to wrap at all, but it helps to learn the motions.

Just keep pushing, and focus on it, if it won't come, try something else for a little while then go back. Just enjoying yourself is where it is at.

Its all just smoke and mirrors

Yoyomember
25 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the tips guys...i know what I'll be doing all day

xxx

CatastrophicBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmmmmrrrrrrr

Sounds interesting but Im afraid I can't even do a 5 beat weave, forwards or reversed, would anyone be so gracious as to explain how to do this, or point me towards the appropriate video or thread???

Thanks

Hecatonchiresmember
45 posts

Posted:
Instead of doing normal weave with a 2-1 beat(2 on the opposite side of your body, 1 on the same side), you add an extra tight spin on each side of your body. This involves your wrists twisting more than you really think they should. You end up not tangling because when you cross to the other side of your body you end up unwrapping and spinning in the other direction.

If it does wrap around your wrist, it means that you are either not twisting your wrists enough, or letting it spin to far around before crossing to the other side. This intentional tangle leads up to the 7-beat weave, which is messy, and often involves tying your wrists together and letting them bathe in burning kero. Not of the good.

BTW: Thats what happens when you do that figure-8 cross in front of you, it doesn't look like it changes direction, from a normal POV, but if you stretched it into a flat plane, it would go from clockwise to counterclockwise to back again. It just gets extended with weave, and extended again when you add extra beats on each side.

--Luke