Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > One handed poi moves (both poi mind)

Login/Join to Participate

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I am chuffed... I can swing poi without tanglin them up... one handed... still probs wi one handed butterfly. DOH! NE1 else?

iopmember
35 posts

Posted:
i saw this dude once do it by holding the poi in his mouth!

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
been playing with one handed oth butterfly over the last few days. I've hurt myself more doing it than spinning in total over the past half year

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I find one handed poi is a lot of fun. I can't do a one handed weave yet and my one handed butterfly can only go for a short period of time before they start hitting each other unless I do it slow.

I was trying to go from regular time butterfly (poi meet at top and bottom to what I think is split time (poi meet on left and right) and the only way I could transition one handed was to do "diagonal time" where the poi meet at the top left and bottom right or top right and bottom left and then I go into split time from there. I discovered it's kind of neat to do a butterfly that meets at top and bottom, then top left and bottom right then left and right then top and bottom then top right and bottom left then top and bottom. I think it gives a rotating effect but It's hard to tell from my perspective. It probably looks best two handed because you can do it a lot faster.

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
I do lots of one handed poi moves check out practice practice practice video to see some of the moves I do.

Hope you have lots of fun working out what else is possibleith one handed poi moves.

Video thread

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
quote:
originally posted by iop
i saw this dude once do it by holding the poi in his mouth!

That'd be our Jez

Despite his claims, there are many one-handed and no-handed poi moves he hasn't got on the video.

His new no-handed split time butterfly is one of the coolest/funniest poi moves i've ever seen.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah, get into metiors, that will give you a nice one hand repetoir to play with. once you get the butterfly it just sits there, use your top fingers/thumb to keep the poi off plane so they dont hit.

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti