JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
run a search first and use the lessons before you post, a topic, please!

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
even this very thread has been discussed before, perhaps you should have searched first carstens?

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
lol

It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
Dude, it is pointless, the stupid "search engin" is crap! It was searching 4 1/2 hr and still did'nt find what i wanted. Even then people often change a thread, or dont go in depth with what u really mean, so u need to re-open a new thread ie btb hyperloops

I know that thread was all ready open, but there were no descriptions, it was all just recovering old ground, and i wanted and up close real maxi + bth/ bth over the head type stuff.

Its all just smoke and mirrors

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i agree, to a degree.

There are some topics, like hyperloops, which haven't been discussed in great detail and there arn't any articles written about them (please correct me if i'm wrong, because i want to read them!).

There are also topics which not only have been discussed to death but there's webpages all about them. These don't need discussing further. Most people who create threads on these topics haven't even looked at the lessons section of this site, let alone tried doing a search.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
your not going to ever be ble to stop newbies from posting "how do I learn a weave" thread. And to scold them is not vrey productive, because you will just hurt their feeling (they are new to this stuff and probably have no idea where to start looking) and the next newbie isn't going to know to do a search, so it is all pointless.

Yes, it can be annoying to have to answer the same quaestions over and over again. But it realy isn't constructive to lash out at them. Mearly posting a link to the correct thread should be sufficient.

Oh well, I know where you are coming from, it just suck and there isn't much we can do aobut it. this is a free site, and anybody can post here. for better or worse... maybe you should just get a divorce if you can stand it anymore

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
that was a joke...."for better for worse" it's what people say when they are getting married... probably a lame joke too.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
Is the search thing really a problem.....I think people here are pretty good in naming the threads so you can avoid the ones you dont need to see...
And there isn't to many threads posted here so it's not like it's loads to read......
And last ......You have almost every level of skills represented here.....so if you're average you might find it all right to help people struggling with moves you know.......and that makes more people post here....... (Go search and leave us 19 beat master Poi Gods alone.....works the othere way....)

It's not a 'problem' thats gonna go away.....so it
will take more energy posting 'go search' posts
than searching better amongst the threads yourself.....

Peace......and happy easter from Bergen, Norway...where the sun is shining for a change....

I like Fire.. :)

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
I can usually find what I'm looking for with a search, but if there's something really specific you want to discuss then a new, similar thread is sometimes the only way.

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
what about just reopening an old thread so people can see what other older poi gods have said and the newer guys can add what they are learnig.

anyway i think the day i posted this thread i was really pissed of but now im ok and realize i must help who i can. sorry if i detured anyone from posting.

peace out