Page:
Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
At risk of sounding like a total fool AGAIN, or some kind of arrogant prick, i would like to
Genuinely discuss BTH (behind the head) and BTB (behind the back) BTL (between the legs) and UTA (under the arm btb) HYPERLOOPS a.k.a AIR WRAPS.

How can i say this nicly : hmmm I can do both bth and btb hyperloops. Although im no MASTER.

What variations can you do? Id like to hear mainly the different variations and angles, from wraps, from weaves from b-flys etc. And what move you like to do that btb hyperloop into.

I like the reverse weave btb inside hyp, its 1 of my fav'z. But i have another variation when u do btb rev weave and pull 1 hand bth while the other stays btb and then hyperloop. Do you have a name for that 1? What do u do after that? I like to try and pull a inside hyp straight after.

So yea, please feel free to speak your mind on this topic and maybee we can combine all our efforts to reach a common goal of finding more moves and proper common names for them all.

Even if all u say is "your bull$h!@, that move is impossible!"

[ 13. April 2003, 16:48: Message edited by: Raging Dragon ]

Its all just smoke and mirrors

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
whoa.. you take my post as being mean.. I wasn't saying it as an ass.. I was confused to your post.. I asked.. you replied with an explanation of a hyperloop.. and then asked why the namehyperloop.. I responded with what and why of the term hyperloop..

I didn't understand the reason for naming and over head hyperloop as flaming halo airwrap..

I wasn't pissing.. I was confused about the discussion ... the over head hyperloop is the same as a regular hyperloop, same as an utl hyperloop..

I made mypoint clear that I was confused.. and when I explain my case hence the cause of my confusion, you got pissed..

I'm sorry I still don't understand the point of your post.. was it to post a over the head hyperloop.. or was it to ask question about one and the further possibilites..

chill

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
OK point taken :
Quote:

The reason hyperloops confuse people is cause they are "tangled buzzsaw", a.k.a "inside hyperloop weave" or whateva but they are much harder than ya average weave airwrap.

see that's your confusion right there

Rev

I was refering to an Air wrap, with the flaming halo, happy with that? Like iv said, im not using tangled buzzsaw in any btb stuff yet Well not enought that im happy to post about anyway.

Quote:

i really like to know more about btb inside weave

Nix

If your talkin btb tangled buzzsaw, then "as above'", but if your talking about that move i discribed in hop chat, it should really be in another thread, and its so easy id be surprised if you cant already do it. Just do a 5/6bt weave anywhere "side on" btb and thats it.

Quote:

and im a bit confused about getting a flaming halo to stay behind my head. any tips?

[Old link]

[Old link]

Quote:

bouncing. sounds real intrestiong, I think i might have an idea about how it wours, your untangling the string under the heads, rather than untangling at the heads. anywhere near?

My chains never even tangle, there is no rotation, they hit each other look like they r guanna rotate but the just bounce off each other and go the opposite direction.
EDITED_BY: Taniwha07 (1076646302)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
confused confused confused confused confused confused confused

still horrendosly confused about everything exept the airwraps, is this bouce thing the same one you and rev were talking about comming out of an inside hyp?

btw, thanks for the thread, despite understanding very little i seem now to be able to do btb airwraps, weird huh?

wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
am here.

confused by the bounce tho. confused

everything else is pretty understandable methinks.

ooooh to pick up poi again... well in a day or three i guess.

keep it up
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
nx: what did I say about bounces?/ I dont have a lto fo time at the moment to go through the posts...

tani- yeah but what I was saying was that your description of the flaming halo
"take the airwrap and carry it to the back"
is why I was confused.. because you do that and you've done a hyperloop.. so I didn't understand it being a precursor to the hyperloop.. hence my confusion.. it makesmuch more sense to think of a flaming halo when I think about doing an airwrap bth... but.. when I reread your descrip, that's not the impression I get.. I get the impression that you are taking an airwrap to bth... does that make sense? so I'm still kinda confused as to what it is...

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Yes i am taking it bth while its rotation, but its still not rotaing inside the "ball" as a buzzsaw would. I was re-trying this last night and came up with about 10 different ideas.

Hmmm the flaming halo that the guy does on the glowstring is different to the 1 im doing, i just really figured that out.. you can airwrap in front in corkscrew, and they can un tangle in front... thats what your talking, but you can also airwrap in front and un-airwrap bth and thats why its so confusing.

Same goes in reverse: you can air wrap bth and un air wrap bth, but im describing the 1 that air wraps bth and u pull it in front (as in corkscrew/ windmill) and un-air wrap it in front.

Hope that clears up the confusion.

Im pretty sure Blue has already posted a thread about bounces, though im not sure they are exactly the same as what im doing, but in the process, iv figured out afew more btb airwraps, but you'd probibly need to be able to do 5bt+ btb turning weaves to get that. So ill get to that @ a latertime.

All i can say is the chains cross and create an axis, but then i turn my body 90-180 degree's and they reverse direction before any airwrap can occur. Its actually quite simple, cause its like the first air wrap u should learn, but for some reason you'd never figure it out till u can get multipul beats umm so to recap... imagine not quite doing an airwrap, or stoping just before the poi start rotation, and changing direction to rev the poi.

Oh yea, i aint god... so dont take my word as "carved in stone" the main point of this thread was to throw afew ideas round and see what people come up with and try to push afew "new" moves and evolve a little, its not ment to be about me dictating about what I think you should do. So start throwing...

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
tani- what I was saying was that a hyperloop doesn't have to pass through the buzzsaw... its what you were describing.. airwrap in front bring it back an it untangles... and I never really thoguht about turning before it can tangle.. have to chekc that out.. I've been using turns lately to do an isolation type motions (i.e. making the poi appear to just float/stall) I think I understand what your getting at though now.,..

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i think i'm actually going to have to SEE these bounce loops. my thread on bounces was actually on bouncy ends that you let go and bounce off the surrounding floor/wall etc.

gonna play with these bth things today...nice work guys
wave

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Common Blue, stop holding out... i know there are loads of peeps here doing btb air wraps... its nothing new and its not THAT advanced, i just get the feeling that noone wants to talk about it... kinda like monkey fists ubblol

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i know there are loads of peeps here doing btb air wraps... its nothing new and its not THAT advanced, i just get the feeling that noone wants to talk about it... kinda like monkey fists ubblol

very true ubblol

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
holding out? after my teaching moves rants i'd better write you an essay ubblol

what are you after tho?

i find multi beat hyps really hard to show in text form, and most of my btb/bth hyps are mutlibeat(the ones that arent are pretty straightforward hance why i've not posted them here..)

but heres an attempt at a couple i like anyway.

airwrap pirouettes.
much easier than they sound or look.

go into an airwrap, and turn round really quickly, so the wrap stays where it is(as you turn your hands will naturally isolate the wrap)

if you turn slowly, you will just do an airwrap that moves to bth.
if you turn really fast(a proper pirouette wink) then it doesn't come out until you are back to facing again...
ubblove

round the head airwraps

again you need to isolate a little here.
two different variations, so i'll put them in personal chronological order

as if you were coming into a reverse tangle buzzsaw on the right..
come into the buzzsaw, then rotate your rightarm round the left side of your head, followed (very) swiftly by the left arm.. so the tangle goes all the way round and comes back out on your right side, then can be carried on (if you've still enough momentum...) or exited as you would a normal tangle buzzsaw.

second one is a bit more tricky.... so i'm going to go away and practise it for an hour or so so i understand it a bit better, and then i'll come back and post it here.

step through to btb

airwrap step throughs. when the tangle is taking place step one leg over it, and it exits btl.

if you modify your hand position a little you get a continuous tangle(same as you do in front...) this means you can step your second leg over.... right now cause i've not worked this one alot i am only exiting normal btb, but i have a feeling that cause there is usually loads of momentum left the world is small and mollusc-shaped from here on in.

like i say, most of my btb airwraps and hyps are pretty standard. just the opposites of the in-front ones, but if you want me to post some explanations then i'd be happy to....

R smile

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
wow cool, thats all i needed, just some random ideas ubblol but to go off topic (sorta) iv been working on btl weaves into reverse btl weaves, which has nothing to do with btb air wraps but is still super fun and real difficult. I may have to change that to btl airwraps, seeing as iv just got the basics down.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
well, like the happy camper i am ive gone away and learnt most of thease, and have a little more to add now.

as we were saying on tangles galove, butterfly airwraps work bothways too, and i finally got the other way. but in a weird way.

overhead butterfly airwrap (the butterfly halo) when it gets to the back, push your hand together a little and them twich back and the poi will immeadaly re-tangle (no beat inbetween) for another airwrap from back to front.

T wave

-><- Kallisti

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
All bluecats tangles are belong to me now

*triumphant pose*

what? they've gotta be...? No! clean? CLEAN?!?

you bastards mad

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
the pirroette too?

T wave

-><- Kallisti

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Quote:

All bluecats tangles are belong to me now

*triumphant pose*

what? they've gotta be...? No! clean? CLEAN?!?

you bastards

LMFAO

As for the "butterfly halo" WTF!!! I wish i had of thought of that, bad a$$ move. Thats a whole can o whip ass, and a fair bit of pain. Yea, looking forward to that. Maybee im addicted to the pain, cause i just got the badest burn iv ever had, and the worse thing was it was in exactly the same place on my body, 2 weeks running. (And it never hurt)

Though im not sure the scar will ever heal.. . mind u iv given up on that move, so i must be getting soft. biggrin

HEY Actually, wouldn't u need to have real short chains to pull that btb b-fly loop off?!?

/me runs outside to try
EDITED_BY: Taniwha07 (1078469714)

3,149 posts

Posted:
Quote:

the pirroette too?

yah the pirroette. it's my favourite biggrin

wierdly enough it's harder and cooler if you do it untangled ubblol

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
monkey see monkey do ubblol

hug

got some variation hyps/aw's (hippos?) but no time to post them this morning, so later. actually they are not really btb airwraps, but i htink this is probly the most appropriate thread....

laters
R
(ps heres one to [censored] with your mind, and leave bruises all over:
butterfly halo rr(rotational reverse) into half pirouette... ubblove)

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well sorry guys umm i've been too busy HAVING A LIFE and MAKING OUT WITH REAL LIVE GIRLS to add much to this conversation ubblol ubblol ubblol

you guys sound like you are having fun. been dancing, haven't touched my chains in weeks. grumble grumble damn newbies working too hard and keeping me on my toes [grabs orange sock poi and runs outside]

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Quote:

well sorry guys umm i've been too busy HAVING A LIFE and MAKING OUT WITH REAL LIVE GIRLS to add much to this conversation ubblol ubblol ubblol

you guys sound like you are having fun. been dancing, haven't touched my chains in weeks. grumble grumble damn newbies working too hard and keeping me on my toes [grabs orange sock poi and runs outside]

humm, why do you think my poi has taken off so hard this week or two?

Ive been dancing too.... ubblove

T wave

-><- Kallisti

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
rolleyes
so it's that kind of holiday is it thomas?
wink

sir Blackass and i have been playing around with hyperloop suicides which move to btb and btl hyperloop suicides ridiculously easy

learning the suicide is the hardest part, the btb is like, 1% of the trick)

the suicide works like this:

go into a normal airwrap (spinning a/c, lke most people) but with hands at about 1 and 7 instead of 3 and 9. (if your comfortable airwrap is clockwise, then your hands should be at 11 and 5).

try to make the tangle occur pretty close to the poi heads, so the weight either side of the tangle is approximately the same.

as soon as the poi have tangled, let go with the left hand, and pull up a tiny bit with your right hand(the one that was at '1')

this should make the left poi spin around all by itself in the airwrap, and then you can grap the handle again after a revolution or two, and then exit the airwrap. sometimes the exit happens while suiciding, but thats nice too.

now try with the suiciding poi coming from btl, btb, waistwrapped, etcetc.

particularly nice at the end of a flower, complicated or otherwise.

if only i didn't juggle i'd have been dancing wit' me poi too, but i'm a bit addicted to passing patterns right now rolleyes. the waltz is a partickly nice one wink, but it does mean only 6 hours or so last week poi-ing mad. more this week tho.

oohooohoh before i forget
behind the back 'thread the needle' ubblol

again heres the in front version(trttn)

catch both poi heads. make a loop with the string of one of them(left for preference for me)
throw the right poi head through the loop and catch it so you have a tangle, but each hand is holding its own poi head.
release the heads, giving a little bit of momentum clockwise so the tangle exits.

btb: hold the loop just behind the left hip, and throw the right poi head btb, so the tangle catch remains btb. this then releases(clockwise) into a btb waistwrap.

wave
off to dance(mmmm empty rehearsal space..... ubblove)
R

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
you cheeky monkeys and your non-attached handles. i might just have to try that, it sounds fun. wow i learned something else here at HOP.

as of last night i now have the tightest 4+ beat spider airwraps mankind has ever witnessed, looks really cool one arm btb wall plane during a [belly dance] level change arabic undulation. put that in your pipe and smoke it! now when hyperlooped i got 10 wrap circles minimum. anybody want to touch my bum?

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
f*&$ing airwraps.
my brains in a wrap just reading this.
seriously this stuff hurts my head

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Quote:

anybody want to touch my bum?

can i use my foot?

wink tongue kiss

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

4+ huh? wanna tell us how?

actually ive been after this, but only getting it by isolating the airwrap. umm

T wave

-><- Kallisti

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblove multibeats...
spank spank spank spank spank spank(at least 15 beats a second on this post wink)

if you'se in town soon thomas i'll show ya a few different was to get easy multi beat stuff. and attempt badly to show you how to get difficult multibeat stuff.

but arashi surely not EVERY one of your wraps is 10+ beats... cause after all that would be dull... wink

smileR

3,149 posts

Posted:
multipass?

multibeat airwraps are techier than Techno MacTechie the Technical Technologists

but how are they relevant in this thread about btb hyperloops? confused

And wouldn't tangled suicide descriptions be better placed in mr [Nx?]'s Suicide thread?

you are all very naughty Bene-Gesserit sockwobblers mad

You discuss your spanky new techmoves and how boedicea-acious they are, hidden in a supertechy thread about something entirely different, and without the slightest cryptic clue as to how you might achieve them!!!

its enough to put people right off poi and make them play with actual girls instead... eek

SO i'm going to start a [Old link] thread, say lots of stuff thats wrong, and wait for you lot to come correct me. ok? ubbangel
EDITED_BY: simian (1078850591)

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Have been mulling wink this thread over for awhile now.

Got down afew of the recent ideas ie btb suicides, but just trying different combos and variations of btb airwraps, and iv come up with alot of "new" stuff... to much to really get into right now... but for a taste, there are some nice btb waist wrap airwraps out there, I'm also feeling some nice combinations.

Airwrap front wallplane, into airwrap w/w, into airwrap corkscrew (aka airwrap fountain most likely). *i concider w/w to be btb wallplane(side on)* though that should be in another thread wink *the airwraps im talking are *weave/ corkscrew airwraps* as defined in earlier post.

Also airwrapping into a wrist thruwrap(both chains), un wrap and then un airwrap... but on alot of different planes. I'll get back with some decent btb uta, and waist wrap details when i have more time and (umm the right words if i ever find them).

Pretty much still trying to get my head around afew of the last posts. umm Some nice ideas beerchug

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Airwrap front wallplane, into airwrap w/w, into airwrap corkscrew (aka airwrap fountain most likely).

wouldnt that need be a airwrap windmill... you can do 2 different airwrap fountains.. the first is like a normal fountian only with an airwrap back, and and airwrap back over the shoulder to andairwrap back over the other shoulder, to an airwrap back forward.. the second consists of doing one airwrap and movinglike a buzzsaw fountian.. in the single wall plane.. you can do a whole fountain with a single airwrap if you catch the swtichover between the sides at the 12:00 and 6:00 positions right.. otherwise you'll have to re aiwrap ever time you cross one or the other..

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Umm yep, true rev i ment windmill.

But there is another way other than hypbuzzsaw fountain, you can un loop each airwrap seperately and still keep the chains together, (touching each other but not tangled) and go straight into another airwrap. Its a tough 1. I think I'v posted it before in some other thread, not sure if many others have switched onto it yet though.

(Is everyone happy calling a airwrap windmill a airwrap windmill or is it called something else).

Page: