• You must now select Courier Delivery if you wish to receive items before Christmas.

Page: 1234
PoiBox

Total posts: 85
Posted:All those "in between-", static (seperated on both sides) and buzzsaw isolations work quite well.
So now I try to include isolations constantly into weaves. But at the moment they work only if I turn around constantly - I have problems to keep it in a weave - 2 beat seems to be the maximum there as well.
Anybody tried similar stuff and has some experience and suggestions ???

Thx a lot
andreas

Delete Topic

tadpole
GOLD Member since Nov 2002

enthusiast

Total posts: 200
Posted:Willalso try to gethim to fix my space bar...

Don't worry, be happy...

Delete

Drudwyn

Drudwyn

Forget puppy power, Scrappy's just gay

Total posts: 632
Posted:*Bump* for those of us trying to learn this incredibly nice trick.

Is there some kind of mystical way that I can get this move without my arms feeling like they're gonna fall off?

Spin, bounce, be one with the world, because it is yours to enjoy...

Delete

Dunc
GOLD Member since Aug 2003

Dunc

playing the days away

Total posts: 7263
Posted:Written by: Drudwyn

*Bump* for those of us trying to learn this incredibly nice trick.

Is there some kind of mystical way that I can get this move without my arms feeling like they're gonna fall off?

Yup.....lots of practice. The better your arms get at crossing over while isolated the smoother and much much easier it gets.

TIP

Try practicing with one poi while holding both ends, it's by far the easiest method I found to practice with. Just holding on so the poi is always pulled tight between your hands and spinning a three beat weave is exactly the same motion smile

You can always cheat (erm, practice wink ) with "same-plane" iso's during the weave to help your muscles practice the motion kinda like this

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete

Drudwyn

Drudwyn

Posted:Hmm... well it's isolating now, but it's still bloody messy. hmmm... I need someone to point out my flaws!

Delete

Suibom

Suibom

addict

Total posts: 577
Posted:upload a vid.. also, I think due to the way isolated weaves work, it will always(usually?) be more separated than, say a buzzsaw isolation, and will look messier to certain angles, while still looking very clean to others. That's my experience with it anyway..

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

Delete

Drudwyn

Drudwyn

Posted:Right, I'm going to go and hire a camera! I'm knackered and I haven't had a shower yet, I've got to do my laudry, cos I'm out of clothes, and I've got a coursework meeting at 4! WHooo!

And back to the isolated weaves. It's my right hand that's failing on the crossed over isolations! I'm right handed. It's just weird.

Delete

shen shui
SILVER Member since Jan 2005

shen shui

no excuses. no apologies.

Total posts: 1799
Posted:how about 5bt weave iso's then wrap one on the same hand and unwrap (all the while isolating both hands/poi) into a 5-bt split-time iso....?
mmm.....

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

Delete

Page: 1234