Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > damn i dont understand anythin...

Login/Join to Participate

lilwaynemember
3 posts

Posted:
what the hell is a 5 beat weave?? acutally what is a weave?? there was a topic and this person was like "i did a 2 wraps+5 beats+2 beats"...err..what does this mean???i mite be askin mad stupid questions but im new at this and i wanna know what every term and wanna know how many things you can do with whirlin glowsticks...if u can answer my stupid questions please answer them...thanks

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Ill tell you what.

You spend 5 minutes looking around this site and if you can't find the section that answers all your questions come back here and I will help you.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Just give it some time Get used to not understanding everything at once, things will click as you go along

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hehe a little taster for the mind.

2 beat weave is what is also known as a figure of eight, where a single beat on either side of your body, both arms cross the body and the move is in split time [half a beaty behind the other][can be done with the right arm crossing over the left or crossing under].
a weave is a 3 beat variation also known as a cross and follow, it is a combination of both the 2 beat moves above, but starting with the right arm crossing over the left then instead of coming back accross you can place it under the left arm when your left arm is crossed over to the right side of your body.

other variations on the weave moves are adding extra beats as NYC posted he has trouble with extrabeats.

extra beats can be added by different means, ie: wrap release, where the poi string wraps the arm then once you move that arm to the other side of your body it will release.
simple ones can be added by simple wrist ajustments. and others can be done by offsetting both arms, this is a more advanced at not every one can get the whole offsetting concept.
for the offsetting 7 beat weaves i did a post on how to do them 2 months ago and a simple search of the poi moves section you will find it.

simple videos and descriptions can be found on the figure eight and the weave in HoP's free lesson guide, or the art of poi video availiable in the HoP shop.

be kewl, you quest for knowledge will be fulfilled here.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Don't Blame 1112:
your quest for knowledge will be fulfilled here.
just thinking how true this is (it was for me and still is)

seems like a nice time to say thank-you to everyone round here who've helped me to advance - and there's a good few of ya

[ 07. March 2003, 08:48: Message edited by: coleman ]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i second that cole, not that i want to learn and be able to do every thing that gets posted here, but i like to read and understand to a certain level. it's also good when you learn some thing from a beginer too, they make you understand so much more that you forget time to time.
cheers every one.

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Don't Blame 1112:
2 beat weave is what is also known as a figure of eight, where a single beat on either side of your body, both arms cross the body and the move is in split time [half a beaty behind the other][can be done with the right arm crossing over the left or crossing under].

quote:
your quest for knowledge will be fulfilled here.
Well that first quote proves the second, i never understood what a 2 beat weave is, but i do now!!!! That was the first ever poi move i learnt!!! Lovely, Cheers PK, i'm gonna have to start coming into the poi section more often!!!
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
High Class Hippy No:1
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
https://www.homeofpoi.com/articles/beats.htm

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!