bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
have started compiling new footage for the follow up to rubbish....

BUT...

can't decide wether to just do it and post the damn thing here or wait and enter it for COL4...?

HELP!!!!!!

[have a feeling this is going to get moved, but most of the people who will answer seem much more likely to do this from poimoves cause thats where the other video threads are...(hey maybe malcolm you could open a new cateory for people to post...'hey here is a video /photo i did'.... cause there has been a lot of traffic in these recently...?)]

glass i know what you think...
dan? pk? arashi? nick? dio? cole? what would you guys(and of course anyone else) advise....

pk i guess we will talk about this at length soon enough anyway, but a public opinion never hurt!!!

love yous all and glad much enjoyment has been got from messy, MC and rubbish....

Cheers
R (in much better mood than yesterday! )

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Honestly blue, I think you should just post the video online.

One thing we have to remember is that hardly anyone else has the means to a) put their videos on the computer, b) edit them into a cute production piece, and c) post them somewhere online for others to download.

We are the few who are able to do this, whereas the CoL video entries are the only means others have to get their poi skills shown to the world. That's why I'm not sweating my CoL entry too much... I'm still going to contribute just for fun but I'm not holding out any spectacular secret performance just for the video.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Im with dio on this.

Plus I think you have more freedome to do whatever you want with a poi video if you release it on your own. Since it doesn't have to follow the COL contest entry rules.

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
If you are looking to get the footage to as many people as possible, post it here. If you are concerned about (well, maybe not fortune...), save it for COL 4.

The main thing that I would be concerned about is making the video/movie/clip my own. What I mean by that is you can put in your own cuts, speed up, slow down, effects, and have the whole thing exactly the way you want it. If it goes to COL it will be just spinning (and similar things) I assume, nothing else. I'd rather make my own movie because then it would be mine, not footage someone else has incorporated into a greater project

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I would also like to add. Release it as soon as possible because I am bloody impatient

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
just realised i got 3 months before COL4 anyway.. so plenty of time fr a couple more.... so next one is already in production and will be up here soon...(within a week o 10 days i hope..)

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Awesome.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
post dat shit...I think I may have access to some production facilities, so I'm goin to try n post some stuff here as well as for COL..thro sum kewl effects in since it's for here...AE is a wonderful thing

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
Up for peer pressure!

/me passes bluecat some speed so he doesn't have to sleep.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
enta fer da dolla ma bitch, ya kno ya gonna.

dio has my feelings on this. col4? erm.
my feelings on col is that its a damn good idea, but to make things kinda interesting is if it was done in countries rather than a world wide contest, common, what if me, glass, blue/mineiro/rob/good friend, tempest, jo derry all entered.... no fuck that, thats enough to put me off, i think we'd end up sharing the dollars , i dont fancy my chances i think we all have something rather special to enter and show to the rest of the world so basically i dont see competition fro that just a whole lot of love and a good bitch like we always do huh.

rob i allready mailed malcolm last week about a video section to be put into technical where all these video threads can be transfered and leave poi moves to the hyperloop fanatics.
i think every one should follow suit and mail him too [sorry malcolm ] but its a good idea.
any way cant post too much today as i am at nats parents, will write more tommorrow.
be kewl guys, rob really looking forward to living with you will talk laters if your having any luck.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mmmmrrrrp.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
most of my opinions have already been expressed here by the others but i'll back them up because otherwise i'll have to go do some work.

i say do both. your next video will be all new footage (i'm guessing) whereas your col entry(imho) should be a compilation of your best footage from the last couple of years.

i agree with the pk on this too - the worldwide level is far too high for people like myself to even bother to get a video together whereas a collection of regional col vid would do far more to show off the style in that country/countries as well as giving a better guide to the overall level of spinning.

i may be biased though - i don't want to wait to see more of the craziness from the ubernorth contingent (or have to rewind it on a videotape each time i wanna watch it) so please post it

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I reckon you do both.

Guys - you are some of the best spinners out there and your spinning is inspirational to everyone who watches it. By posting videos you're inspiring many people and raising the total global level of spinning and spinning enjoyment - which should be the aim for all of us.

However many people don't know these videos are here, or can't download them as they're so big. And the videos are great, but not that clear quite often. By submitting to COL you'll be opening your inspiration to so many spinners around the world who think that the list of moves on this site's lessons list is a complete list! That's a great thing to do: inspire. If you've got the ability to educate, inspire and spread enjoyment then my not do it?

Sure, submitting means that some people will just copy your moves and not do anything further with them. But as long as there's hope that at least one person will open up their creativity, then I reckon keep posting vids and submit to COL.

If you're submitting to COL then put together only a few minutes of video and send it to Malcolm so that he doesn't have to watch 9 hours of video and go all google-eyed! Talk to Malcolm about how you want it on video and see if you can come to agreement. He's a wonderful and reasonable man, and in some ways thinks a lot like you guys.

Submit individually or as a group. Treat it as a sharing opportunity, not a competition. Have fun making your submission, and spread that joy.

Am I submitting to COL4? No, and I regret not doing so when I had the oportunity.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Dom? Didi you know malcolm moved back the deadline? you still have time to submit.

Bluecat....YES YES YES :jumps up and down excitedly: Pwease Mr. cameraman, role me a spliff. Why? Because me needs it! Me-sa jonezen for a nutha videoooooo.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
As i previously posted a nice big ass should do us all good i vote for the ass.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
um yes, I second the motion. Could we PLEASE get some ass in here?

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
col4, man, i can't go there... gots to give you yungins a fighting chance although that breakdown staff does seem really cool, could use one of those ... anyway, i'll be able to post vids on this and my site as soon as i figure out how to turn this computer thing on...

and the more vids you have out there, the more help and tips you can get from more experienced spinners, so post away! plus then everybody can check out your butt. i will have an online personal lessons forum soon, so we can do virtual video lessons... even online worldwide spin jams!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
not THAT lame old excuse again

Realy though, how are we gona learn if nobody kicks out butt ?

you wouldn't want us runing around thinking we are hot sh_t, when we aren't, would you?

Please, no mercy, anything less will be a disservice to us all. warmly and snuggly wet and sloppily!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
CAN WE GET A LIL MORE ASS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
but hey, where are all the hints and tips on my spinning from the last three vids?

unfortunately....: camcorder was stolen this weekend so unless i raid my savings to the quite scary amount of £800(or at least some of it) them im fucked. sorry guys but it might be a while now(tho pk is up soon with his so we might jus get something to you anyway....hopeso)

R

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
damn dude, stolen? fer real?? that sucks. and its all kenns fault.

2 options. [transfering files]
we get a network card from the office like [borrow] then put back.
or
we get a dv converter for my camcorder.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
just a bad week i guess...

savings account duly raided.... enough there for another one, so.....

R

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
whow whow whooooooow... <--- the noise you make when you're sad/disappointed.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sounds like a kick in the bollocks to me that does nick

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
You already have the footage right? You just need to transfer it onto your computer which is a problem now that you have no camcorder?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
nope...much more to get

*falls to ground and praises god, allah and many other minor deities for pk*

R