PurdueFiremember
19 posts

Posted:
On a scale how complicated to u guys think the hyperloop is. Speaking of "Jedi" like moves what other moves are as difficult or more difficult than the hyperloop.

---
Matt Brisbin

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
1 (easiest)
8 < methinks about here.
9 < maybe here

The timing is hard in the extreme. But there are lots of different ones, some easier than others.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Your standard hyperloops within a weave are probably most similar to isolations within a weave in terms of difficulty - they both require precise entry points and precise arm movements.

I still think that forward BTB is harder though... at least I can't get it still

"Moo," said the happy cow.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
hyperloops are (on my personal scale) at about an 8.

what i call 'proper' isolations (sustained isolations in a buzzsaw) are at about a 14 and cos i've never seen them, isolated fountains come in at about 25!

remember though, as spiralx has already alluded to, its all relative!
i can do a bunch of different hyp's but still can't do a reverse 5 beat

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by coleman:
isolated fountains come in at about 25!

video rubbish that will be online this weekend contains 2 full rotations of a buzzsaw isolation fountain. pretty impressive. i think drew can do this too cole.

i scale them right at the top, i just dont get them atall, i can do a few isolations, but hyperloops are solid, cant even do one out of a weave.

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by -:
2 full rotations of a buzzsaw isolation fountain.
How is that done......

Just when you think things are getting easier, people post's things like this...

Locolero

I like Fire.. :)

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
learn to isolate a buzzsaw in both directions, then do a fountain with them.
ask mineiro. he's the one on the video when you get chance to see it.

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
It's kidna dificult to rank moves by dificulty. It kinda depends on what you allready know. When I first saw the hyperloop/isolaton stuff it only took me a couple days to figure out (thoug they are still shakey) while the reverse 5-beat weave took me a couple months. If my trick base/experiance were different as I was learing each move, the length of time to achieve would have been different.

From my experiance, basic 5-beats (rated maybe at 6) are more difficult than basic hyperloops/isolation (about 4?).

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
totally agree dude, took me a year and a half for the 5 beat reverse weave.
if i played more with my poi, maybe i could do hyperloops then i could be of assistance.
:leaves you guys to it:

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Until Tuesday, I considered hyperloops to be about a difficulty of 47.

Now, thanks to someone (sorry, I don't know the names of many people at Spitz) who explained that they're pretty much like the 5 beat weave, just with the poi crossing on the string rather than your wrists, they're now about a 5.

My difficulty scale is probably very different to most people's though - we're all going to have our own right?
Mine is something like this:
1 - spinning forwards + backwards, figure of 8
2 - weave, butterfly
3 - windmill, corkscrew, 5 beat weave, TTN
4 - 4 beat TTN, split time TTN
5 - hyperloop, backwards 3 beat BTB weave
6 - buzzsaw isolations
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 - BTB forwards 5 beat weave

Note that I can barely do a single beat of buzzsaw isolations - just because it's a 1 to 10 scale doesn't mean I can do everything on it, but I know there are moves lurking out there waiting for me that are much more difficult than anything I can do now.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by TheBovrilMonkey:

Now, thanks to someone (sorry, I don't know the names of many people at Spitz) who explained that they're pretty much like the 5 beat weave, just with the poi crossing on the string rather than your wrists, they're now about a 5.

Isn't that a airwrap you're describing? or am I off track?

[ 20. February 2003, 07:33: Message edited by: Jackelero ]

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
airwrap (as we in the uk know it) stays on the same side and just pops out, hands at 3 and 9 on a clock.

hyperloop (again, they're just names though so they could well be what you call an airwrap) is hands at 12 and 6 on a clock, strings tangle midstring and then tangled poi taken to other side of body and untangled.

bov - i'm guessing that would have been john (moohaahaa) that described the basic hyperloop like that @ spitz - i posted that (along with an erroneous airwrap comment!) here.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
oki cause i thought an airwrap was when you tangle on one side and untangle on the other side like your hands would do in a 5 or 7 beat weaves.....when it only has the same function as a
weave...
and everything else was hyperloops....

outside-outside = airwrap
outside-inside-outside = hyperloop

Someone should put their foot down around here and make definitions and standards for everything....maybe we could save ourself for long long ...hard to write...hard to understand...explanations....

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Jack: defs have been posted lots of times.
But somewher i did one post of
defs airwrap,
tangle buzzsaw and
hyperloop

Bovril: stretch every morning and every night for 15 minutes for 7 days then practice 1 poi btb 10 minutes a day and you'll get those btbs.
The BTB's are a LOT LOT easier than you think.
helps if you a bit flexible.
And if thy're not working after that, see me at spitz and I'll try to help.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
It may well have been moohaahaa who explained it but I'm really bad with remembering names to match to faces. I know he's got fairly long dreads though

Cheers for the advice glass - I've started stretching fairly regularly now I've realised how much of their range of movement my arms have lost since I stopped kayaking. I really need to start that again.

I can get the backwards btb going for a bit, but I end up twisting my body a whole load and it hurts my shoulders at the moment. I know how it works though, which is the main thing, I just can't keep my arms in the right place for long yet.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I found starting double staffs really helped bring the flexibility and strength in my shoulders to do BTB poi stuff. After a while the movemnets just flow. Remember how when you first learned the reverese weave it was all over the place and now it's tight? same thing......just keep going

but if you don't like staff then I don't suggest this.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
my understanding is that hyperloops and air wraps are the same thing. Except that air wraps are close to the handles and hyperloops are mid string.

Hyperloop difficulty?

Depends on the hyperloop.

The hardest for me is the reverse weave hyperloop and the ones that require recoils. scale of 1-10 deffinite 10 my weave hyperloops as a whole are pretty shakey.

the easyest for me are the butterfly hyperloops. scale of 1-10 ... 8? honestly though, the butterfly ones are realy easy for me

It is hard for me to say anymore though, as I do not have the same perspective as other people. Never ask the person who set the curve in the class "Is the class hard?" (not saying I set the curve or anything) I would trust PK on this, as he is pretty good, but still can't get them (or so he claims )

harder than hyperloops?

perfect isolations and btb buzzsaws

[ 24. February 2003, 16:25: Message edited by: santanatrue ]

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by TheBovrilMonkey:
It may well have been moohaahaa who explained it but I'm really bad with remembering names to match to faces. I know he's got fairly long dreads though

that'd be him mate but i'd like to know what you reckon long dreads look like if his are just 'fairly' long
keep stretching man - i remember doing btb stuff for a week and hardly being able to move some days because of all the weird muscle usage (backs of shoulders and triceps mainly) and your 'wrecking ball poi of death' will certainly give your arms a hard time whilst you're still getting into it.

sanatana - what we call an airwrap here is what you called in your hyperloop video thread an "in front windmill hyperloop pop out thingy". i think our name is easier!
its all getting a bit confusing though isn't it?
its weird having to make up silly different names for stuff that is really similar but its the only way to keep things concise. when it becomes ambiguous through the names we are using, we have to ask whether they are then just confusing and extening the discussion...
we need a (hop) move definitions list with *everything* in it but i ain't gonna be the nutter who writes it

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Cole - moohaahaa is John I guess?

I definitely need to do more stretching before the forward BTB weave is going to come... And so far the trickiest move in terms of pure skill has to be that buzzsaw isolation, as it requires nigh-on perfect coordination in both arms... I will get it soon though

"Moo," said the happy cow.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by coleman:
i'm guessing that would have been john (moohaahaa)
no need to guess my friend

me isolations started working proper on saturday and buzzsaw fountains are sorted too...
now to put them together

isolations are still the hardest thing i can do (not managed more than 12 beats with rock solid positioning).

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
what the fuck is a hyper loop!!!!!

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.