Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > video thread followers please read this!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Server 1 Issues:
At 8pm on Tuesday 11th of February 2003 server 1 was attacked by a hacker. As such our install of plesk and backup file have been corrupted. Information on the hacker has been passed onto the police BUT we are unable to bring server 1 back online in its current form.

This is real bad shit for me guys, i only have dial up, not all of my files are on my hard drive, so with dial up i am going to have to download my server and re upload to a new one.
all my files are only accessible for a short period, which means that the videos will have to go back up as soon as possible.
i had no idea it was gonna get this bad, now i am really pissed.
sorry guys, your gonna have to wait a few days for me to resolve this situation.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
uuuuuh, coleman. Why didn't you ask, I've got access to a "student licence" of prem around here somewhere if you need it. Will try to bring tomorrow

ok peeps, You should find morningcoffee.avi on WinMX at the moment. you'll be downloading directly from the box between robs legs.

File does skip a few times, but its fine, I might recompress it if I get a chance in the next week.

Workmoreworkharderworkmore
Be cool
Drew

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
all this work, all this hassle
for us!
hey thanks man!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
hey bender, no worries . Its not really what you'd call work

Can someoneplease do a search on winmx to find

morningcoffee.avi

tell me if it shows up there yet.

thanks

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I too had a front row seat (well in front of the telly anyway) of the PIP film.....guyz it fecking rocked!!!!

Nuff said

Bammers

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Think that maybe my host has SPOOOREEES? tossers... still no mail, sti no site, what are they doing? erm mail bomber? i think i might.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
PK I can most likely Arrange temporary hosting for atleast a couple of days. I need rubbish though

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Hi

We have to take steps to protect ourselves from customers how do host mp3s...

I dont have a problem with what your doing but you will need to increase your bandwidth..

This needs currently to be increased by 1gig at £10.00 per year for 1 gig per month..

You can pay for this via the website and as soon as payment is confirmed your acc will be reactivated..

Kind Regards,

Ian Beard
Sales Dept @ Hosting Systems

erm why d o i have to buy more bandwidth in order to get my account reactivated?? wtf, 1000mb of bandwidth in 2days??? must be kidding. is this guy out to rob me? seems a fucking moron to me.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well i just signed up for bandwidth, seems a 1gb bandwidth has been used in only several days.
so now i get 2000mb [2gb] bandwidth, i hope this will be enough.
i still dont understand why i have to buy this just to get my site back.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
HOsting people are not the nicest sometimes. My mate just got stiffed the other day cause he filled in an online for saying when he wanted it till and the form was in American format -

mm-dd-yyyy, instead of dd-mm-yyyy like normal people use

Now they won't refund him and he has hosting till the 2nd of the December instead of the 12th of the Feb.

Sorry for all your troubles PK but I always enjoy your stuff so keep keeping on man!!

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
my friend had to do this too when he started getting more hits to his website . he also had to take away the streaming facilities to prevent having to pay even more.

i think its a simple case of the more time your website demands of the server, the more you pay.
its kinda rude he didn't give you the choice of modifying your content first, or give you any decent information as to how you got through that bandwidth so quickly.
he should be able to tell you the ip addresses of the people who used that bandwidth up and what they were downloading so you can decide what you want to be available.

maybe 80meg files are best left to the file sharing programs...?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
It only takes 12 people to download morning coffee and you hit your 1 gig limit. That is assumeing all 12 people downloaded it completly.

If 10 people downloaded it and 2 only downloaded 50% and then the transfer failed and they did not have a resume program (Your hosting seemed to cut me off several times, good thing I did use a resume program) and they go to download it again. they just used used 24% of your bandwitdh limit themselves. A lot of people were reporting increadible speeds being pulled off of their and even on dialup and on a diffrent continent I was getting amazing speeds which really should have been impossible, so it's no suprise that you hit 1 gig in 2 days.

1gig a month is really not appropriate for hosting videos, especially ones in high demand. I don't know how the hosting services operate over there but here you can get hosting services that don't have a monthly limit of bandwidth use, they just have a maximum load limit. Because really the amount of bandwidth you use in a month doesn't hurt them any. It's how much you use at any given time that slows down the rest of the webserver and other paying customers suffer.

You may be able to work out a deal to get them to put a KBS cap on it. But chances are they won't budge because their pricing isn't setup that way.

[ 19. February 2003, 06:45: Message edited by: Astar ]

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Sorry for being a lazy-ass and not reading the entire thread, but as a quick suggestion...

Why don't you put the files on a P2P network like Kazaa or WINMX? Just put "Poi" as a keyword. It doesn't look like anyone has done it yet. It's free! Just a suggestion.

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
its been sugested mr glow.

i'm gonna go and download winMX.
i think if we all use the same download manager, then we all get to see.

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
You rock, PK! Looking forward to seeing these great videos!

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
my id on winMX is 1112.
i have added the videos to my share list, so if any one feels the need to download direct from me, then go ahead.... my lines open.
winmx download

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I added that ID to my hotlist and it says you are offline. Searches for rubbish and morningcoffee come up with nothing. Winmx is really terrible. we should try soulseek.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
these damn crap programs lol, well i left it running for the past hour or so.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
winMX my ID is pk1112, will try and sort out my program so i can eave it online tommorrow night if any one wants to download from me.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
You never said the PK part before

When I tried the new ID it still did not work though.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i seek soulseek action, and request that ya share it with us vis that network, pk, but only if it's not too much hassle.
thanks again mate! ima salivating already (my spacebar is slimy now - yecch!)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
WinMX
skethcy_uk636
Morningcoffee.avi
80+ Mb

steve, my groovy flatmates m/c

[ 20. February 2003, 04:54: Message edited by: glass ]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well i truly hate winMX, never shows me online....

so i allways run imesh [ download ] my ID is international_smuggler, you cant add users, but its interface is so easy to use.
if any one wishes to downoad directly from me, that is kewl, email me the UK time you will be able to download and i will make sure i can be online.... over night preferably, as i have house mates to consider who use the phone..[we only have one line]

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
thanks for fixing the problems and putting the movies back on the website....I had already downloadede 45% of that big ass Morningcoffee file when the troubled started....and I have a reeeaaly slow connection......2 k/b per hour...
now I can get the rest of it without starting all over again.....

God job!

I like Fire.. :)

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
Get MESSY, MORNING COFFEE and RUBBISH plus others here

Page: