Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > video thread followers please read this!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Server 1 Issues:
At 8pm on Tuesday 11th of February 2003 server 1 was attacked by a hacker. As such our install of plesk and backup file have been corrupted. Information on the hacker has been passed onto the police BUT we are unable to bring server 1 back online in its current form.

This is real bad shit for me guys, i only have dial up, not all of my files are on my hard drive, so with dial up i am going to have to download my server and re upload to a new one.
all my files are only accessible for a short period, which means that the videos will have to go back up as soon as possible.
i had no idea it was gonna get this bad, now i am really pissed.
sorry guys, your gonna have to wait a few days for me to resolve this situation.

Dissolved Girlmember
70 posts

Posted:
I'm very sorry about it.....
hope this all works out in the end!

one.day.I.am.going.to.grow.wings.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear that dude. That sucks bigtime.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NothingsPerfectmember
79 posts

Posted:
Stupid immature hackers with nothing more constructive to do with their time. Oh well, good luck fixin stuff.

~And when the day arrives I'll become the sky, and I'll become the sea, and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.~

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
What a bunch of arseholes PK.. do these twats have nothing better to do than hack into others peoples private stuff and distroy hard work and love?? Oh it really bugs me.. hit the corporates and stuff like that- they can afford it - but leave us little people alone!

I'm gutted for you mate... anything I can do to help - the offer is there hunny - but I know there's not really much I can do except a symapthetic

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
cheers guys, your warmth will keep me going.
i have 2 days to get things sorted, might overhaul the site. not sure if the old videos are worth saving for now, i have those on back up. gonna be a lot of sorting and uploading.
my server was used as a back up for my HDD, never got round to downloading some stuff, not sure if i can access them either, the email i recieved says i can not, apparenty i can access some ftp some where and i tried that and i dont work.
well here goes.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
good luck pk

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:

Fingers and toes crossed for you honey.

BamBam

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
That really sucks!!

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
That's pretty crappy... hope you can get it all back up again...

"Moo," said the happy cow.

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
Dang...

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
new ftp has been asigned, will be online in 24-48 hours, will then be able to upload files again.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Yay PK! Congrats on finding a new FTP site.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
*phew*

Still a lot of work to do for poor mr PK methinks. But good thing you're not going to lose everything - I was getting worried there.

Good luck and much helpful fairy dust to keep you sane and your computer in good health. You know we love you and appreciate all the time you put in to share your stuff with us - thank you

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
That sux PK. Hope thing things turn out better than expected

If it's any consolation, one of the world's best-known computer hackers, Kevin Mitnick, has had his website hacked. The site was for a new security consulting company

Cold comfort, but maybe karma will catch up with this arsehole too. Here's hoping

[ 13. February 2003, 23:33: Message edited by: Stone ]

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hahahahaa bet he felt a right twat!.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I have all your videos saved on my hard drive, if that helps...

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
yay, well i now have access to an ftp, nearly finished redesigning the whole poiinthepark website, and drew is starting to upload the videos for me, they should be upoaded by some time tommorrow.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
www.poiinthepark.co.uk is back online, all freshly redesigned, and linked up, currently all pages and links are working as they should be.
the nice man Glass is currently uploading all videos to the ftp server for me on broardband.
i or he will let you guys know when the videos are accessable.
let me know what you think to the site. go on make me happier.
:bounce::bounce:

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I really like the new page. Pretty slick design. Do you have a background in web design or digital art?

Although there is one thing I noticed on the old page and is also on this. "captured" seems kind of obscure and nondescript.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
captured = video page. gonna link up the new vids there.

i was a photographer when i left school for 2 and a half years, got into photoshop and digital media there, though had a passion for hand and machine processing. never had a computer at home untill 3 years ago and had to teach my self photoshop again, then started messing with front page and dreamweaver, premier is a recent one i have been messing with.
would like to know how to use flash and other macromedia products but they seem so complicated to me and i loose interest if things arnt simple.
i tried ordering two train tickets online the other night and that took me 2 hours, and they still havnt arrived yet so i dont think i did them right? who knows, if they dont arrive in the morning then the webform didnt work.
still learning a lot of things with the programs i use, so improvments will follow the more i learn.

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Are you still having probs PK? I can't get to your page, I just a 'server admin' page??

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i just noticed, i tried to log in to my host and acording to them my account has been disabled i have no idea why , i am in london with no way of finding out whats happened until monday.
f&&king net terrorists.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Goddamn it! I want to see that video! )

Fucking scriptshitz!

Josh

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
No more excuses! I want video!!!

please

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
aint making excuses. beyond my control.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Hi
Yes our automatic software bought your account to are attention as your site was not viewable and the bandwidth was increasing...

When customers do this there is an indication that mp3 files/illegal files may be being used..

As we could not confirm this we suspended your account until you could confirm this...

Ian Beard
erm!! surly i can stor what i like on my server?

PoiBoxmember
85 posts

Posted:
KRASS

What kind of provider is this ???? Can you give us names ?

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
eep! good luck sorting it.

And thank you for my video disk - me like lots. The PIP one is silly in the extreme - just how it should be.

thanks and one for nat

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
glad you liked it ros.
your one of the ony few to see rubbish so far, so feel privilaged.

host: these dumb ass holes

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
yay! saw morning coffee and rubbish this weekend in full dv quality glory

amazing work guys
i'm well looking forward to seeing them both again (once your servers decide to stop being facists pk). was good to finally meet you @ the weekend man (sorry i didn't get to say goodbye).

now to find myself a copy of premiere and use some of those tapes i seem to be collecting week on week...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Page: