PurdueFiremember
19 posts

Posted:
I can now do the basic hyperloop after much practice. Is it possible to do multiple beats with this hyperloop move... I got a kool combo i tried out the other day with a lil fire. Go from a hyperloop, when it's in the mid stage grab the chains closer to the fire and start into a buzzsaw. Giv it a try.

L8r,

---
Matt Brisbin

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
what basic hyperloop? there is a couple of them...

and how do you grab the chains? (one or two hands)

more details and its easier for people to reply.......

I like Fire.. :)

PurdueFiremember
19 posts

Posted:
sorry bout the short description...was in the computer lab. Well so far i only know of the 3 beat weave like hyperloop. Can you make more than one revolution with them, or do the chains tangle to much?? As for the hyperloop-buzzsaw combo. Once your in a hyperloop (right to left) during middle of if the move i bring my hands closer together real fast and catch the chains (not quiet the middle of them) and manualy unrap them which should let one end up in a buzzsaw move.

---
Matt Brisbin

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
oki....with the '3 beat weave' hyperloop you can do as many beats as you like..that is ....how many that you can un-tangle on the other side....another option is to let the pois tangle and then wrap one or both poi(around your wrist or elbow) so they end up going the other direction and untangle...the buzzsaw thing sound cool...I'll try it out....

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
as far as i can work out, you don't need to worry about how many times the poi spin while tangled.
in my experience they only ever take one beat to untangle on the other side.
i may be wrong as i can only do the one-tangled-beat hl's on the outside but if i do airwrap to tangled buzzsaw to untangle on the other side, i have done three tangled beats yet it still only takes one beat to untangle on the outside.

the only counting i to do is to make sure that both poi complete the same number of tangled beats 'outside' or 'inside' of my arms.
ie. if one poi does 1 beat on the outside and the other only does a half beat before coming inside you get that crazy knot thing going on.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
but if i do airwrap to tangled buzzsaw to untangle on the other side, i have done three tangled beats yet it still only takes one beat to untangle on the outside. qouta from Coleman

I understand ....

1....If you do an ..(I guess it's technically
called an 'airwrap') hyperloop from one side to the other it's like an 5 or 7 or whatever beat weave...(the damage done on one side have to be undone on the other side)..
2....but a bussaw hyperlopp like you describe it is the same as a move I like to call 'the Wheel'
Cause...a HL (hyperloop) where the tangle is made on the outside of your arms but when(after one beat) is brought to between your arms...what happens then is that the poi's keep going around in splitt time but doesent tangle....and when taken to the other side it's untangeled by one beat....
I dont meen to lecture any of the Masters by the way......just telling some basic HL stuff to the beginners....

[ 09. February 2003, 13:39: Message edited by: Jackelero ]

will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
ressurecting this thread!

coleman says it only takes one beat to unwrap the poi and I have found this to be true also but I can't reliably pull it off.

I think that the thing to watch is that when the poi are actually in the buzzsaw part of the tangle that the two poi never cross over in the wheel plane. If they do that the poi wind up over each other and cannot be easily untangled.

I have managed 4 beats on occasion but still struggle lots !

can anyone else confirm/refute this?

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
ok here's something I do to get multiple beats in my hyperloops... I statr with a my right hand BTB and its poi on the left side.. and the left hand is across the front of me with the left poi on the right side.. then I do start a counter clockwise corkscrew motion (since I ahven't perfected this move with a weave yet).. I have the poi connect at the bottom and go into a normal hyper loop (like the 4 beat hyperloops thread sideways) and as it spins in the hyperloops I lift and lower each hand so that it spins like a buzzsaw with both poi moving between my arms... by lifting and lowering each hand I can kep the spinning going up and bring it back down (never exiting the hyperloop) until I reach the bottom again.... at which time I have to do a turn just to keep my strings from tangling.. because the right hand (and its poi) are leading but on the left side moving in a counter clockwise motion... there has to be a way to do this without a turn... but then again ther has to be an easier way to start this motion withouthaving to poi sperated like that.. but I just figured this out last night and am still working on how to describe it and transition into and out of it... as with all the hyperloops stuff I've done, it seems to work easier with heavier poi.. I think I've seen something similar to this briefly in a vid somewhere.. (maybe morning coffee) I'll have to go check.. But I've never seen anyone transition into or out of it..

edit: on second thought the vid clip I've seen it in looks like a buzzsaw done slowly in a corscrew position and not one of these hyperloops buzzsaw thingies..

please feel free to correct any terminology that I messed up.. I think I'm starting to catch onto things.

edit again: I fogot to add that the beats that I get when doing the above ends up around 4 beats of tangledness and 1 beat on either side out side the hyperloop.. so that's 6 bts.. would make sense because I'm using similar motions to a 4 beat corkscrew with a 2bt buzz saw.. only its a 2bt cork, 2 beat hyperloop, 2 beat hyperlooping buzzsaw...all done recrusively

[ 04. August 2003, 07:44: Message edited by: Rev ]

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
I think I have the movement sorted. I tangle the strings and pull the hyperloop in front of me, separating the hands a little left-right.
then I cycle my hands and the resulting circular movement keeps the hyperloop spinning.

The spinning poi must not cross over each other left-right. I managed 8 beats with this yesterday but I cant do it regularly at all.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
I was explaining to reg the other day how to do keep them going in the corkscrew.. going counter clockwise (with a clock laying horizontal)spin them and have them tangle beneath your arms.. the right poi should be coming back twards you and down and the left poi going away from you and up when they tangle.. the left poi will then hyperloop back over your left hand (as it goes from 12-9 on the clock)and under your right arm (as it goes from 6-3) and then under your left (as it comes back around 12-9) then over your right as it goes from 6-3 and finally over your left one more time to put it at the top of your corkscrew ready to unhyperloop.. It kinda works the same with the weave, but I haven't quite been able to get it to work in a weave yet.. I think this helps explain what I'm doing a lot better then the last time I tried..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
try adding extra beats in variouse places. some things work, some don't.... you will see.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!