Forums > Social Chat > great new stuff for preventing injury!

Login/Join to Participate

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
Ok, so, i havent twirled in quite a while, but recently i started playing around with my equipment again. i got a little rusty from not practicing in a long time, and i was hitting myself a lot more often than normal, and it was quite painful. so then i got to thinking. I put on some shoulder and knee pads and an old football helmet while i was twirling, and that helped a little. some hits werent as painful, but i really felt it wasnt enough, i was still getting bruised more than i liked. so i decided to order some stuff from a site that a couple people mentioned: www.botachtactical.comits great! check out the stuff i got.www.botachtactical.com/rbrtacbodar.htmlwww.botachtactical.com/rbrbalfacshi.htmlwww.botachtactical.com/poinblacprot.htmlwww.botachtactical.com/poinblanknep.htmlwith my new RBR-20378 Level IIIA Tactical Body Armor, RBR-BFS Level IIA Ballistic Face Shield, and Point Blank elbow and knee pads, those spinning poi heads hardly give me a scratch! i can practice long and hard without holding back or fear of injuring myself when trying out something new or complicated. i recommend these products to everyone! they really make a difference!i guarantee that you'll see clear, noticeable results within days!once again, thats www.botachtactical.com its worked for me, and i know it will work for you too. let me know what you all think.-Hapes-Nova, a very safe twirler wink wink wink[This message has been edited by Hapes-Nova (edited 10 August 2001).]

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
roflmao!!I was considering the kevlar cover-alls, but this is much more appropriate.I'll be sure to have no scars ever now!! wink

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hot Damn....spinning meets American Football!!!! *Pele on the floor laughing with Flash Fire* grinKevlar Cover-all's????? Sorry Flash but i find that funny too....though you could stuff them and make you look all ballooney for an added effect...roll on ground like the sumo wrestlers only with staves? wink *g*ps...welcome back and how the hell are you Hapes? You were missed!-----------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 10 August 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
well Pele, I am for sassy and sexy when I twirl, and I figured a nice pair of really poor fitting kevlar cover-alls matched with yellow gloves with long gauntlets would really entice the ravenous audience... winkI'd twirl naked if it was appropriate. I probably will, just as soon as the weather warms up a bit. no, I won't be sending in pics wink

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Oh baby, oh baby oh...The yellow gloves do it for me! smileAwwww....c'mon Flash Fire. Aren't we supposed to be keeping things happy, upbeat and un-opinionated??? rolleyes Naked fire photo's of you would do just that!!!! grinAnd just think, if you sis it now in the cold...it bring'd all sorts of interesting topics up! *g*As for me, I might be naked but it is too hot to spin, so no pics there. tongue------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I could be convinced, but it would take a lot of affirmations.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
heh, i guess i did kinda wander off from the message boards a little, didnt i? well, im still here, no worries smile im doing fine but i have to work on a stupid homework assignment i got over the summer. argh!mmm, pictures of flash fire......wearing gloves. mmmmmmm-Hapes-Nova, writing an essay for history class.

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
you could at least give us some bikini pics... no...? [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">------------------[/image] - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
Yeah I'm all about the not getting hit factor. I don't quite have enough money for the tactical armor, but i found a cheap alternative that is almost as good! Just tape large blocks are packaging stirofoam to your arms, legs face ect. There is one problem though. fuel+ stirofoam =napalm. so..watch out fire peopleemptyset- The "its all good" twirler[This message has been edited by emptyset (edited 11 August 2001).]

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

klubkidnycmember
25 posts

Posted:
tactical body armor!?! oh shit!!!!i'm new at spinning, and in the last monthi've gotten black eyes, huge bruises on almost evey part of my body, like most peoplewho are just learning. but how are you supposed to learn not to hit yourself unless you do?? and besides it builds character>>in fact i look forward to getting hit once ina while....haha....cheers*

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
Ok, I can understand some padding but full-blown tactical armor? If my neighbors in Boston ever saw me suiting up in tactical armor they would call the cops forget about catching me with, oh I don't know a can of kerosene and a lighter as well. Gods, my neighbors already think I'm a kook. What are you practicing with lit torches? I'm very new to spinning and yes I will admit that I have smacked myself very hard a few time so far, but wouldn't Lacrosse pads work just as well? It's lighter and it has better ventilation. Don't get me wrong I'm all safety (fire burns suck and bruises aren’t much better)I'm just a firm believer in make it practical and less is usually better.------------------Blessings to all, Peter "There is a rhythm that unites us with the natural world. The more we learnto feel that rhythm and get it into the mainstream of our lives, thestronger can be our spirit."--- Robert Rodale

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Maybe Hapes should've been more blatant, but I don't think so. For the newbies, this is a joke thread.It's a play off of some of the other threads that have dealt with people receiving injuries.------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
Kevlar Pants!!!?? I do worry for my eyes tho when using fire....I look a bit silly with sunglasses on at night...need some clear ones...funky if poss not the scientist type?? shocked

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey Annie...what about the funky swim goggles? They come in cool colors, fit around your eyes and snuggly to your head and might add a bit of visual to your show as I see they have mirrorred ones!You know Blackbird..I can see the calander now.."Spinning Women 2002" bikini clad HoP women to adore your wall for an exciting 18 months! See them with sticks wink See fire glisten in the sweat shocked Mark your days and count your blessings. Only $9.95 plus shipping and handling! grinWhat do you say Flash Fire? Care to join us Annie? We'll split the profits! I think I want to be December..spinning in slushy circle of melted snow in some rocky background in some cut offs and a halter top (yeah right!).:giggle:And to the rest of you...."Ahahahah...well?..Laugh!" Jarreth from the Labyrinth grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 11 August 2001).]

Pele

Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
Ooooh yes calendar nice!! shocked Lovin it Lovin it Lovin iiiiiitI was thinking about a line in Mugs...you have your picture on the front and when the mug gets hot...ie when coffee is in it.....the image changes...ie clothes are removed...you know what I am talkin about....!!!!In all seriousnes a poi and fire twirling calender would be very cool....with people from all corners of the globe....who post on the board....could link with continental relay...have all the social dates mentioned etc.....Annie C grin

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
Well, I'm a moron. You see this is a good example of posting before coffee. As for the rest of the thread ...Honestly I think that a HoP bikini calander would be kewl. ------------------Blessings to all, Peter "There is a rhythm that unites us with the natural world. The more we learnto feel that rhythm and get it into the mainstream of our lives, thestronger can be our spirit."--- Robert Rodale

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
Tactical armor to bikini's... I see the conection...i think...lol

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
Yeah, yeah, how about Ballistic Tactical Bikini Armor?!Protect a very small percentage of your body from just about anything!

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Oh sure...you couldn't have come up with that one BEFORE I had the kid Rick? wink(joking, I love my son!)And Annie, nice call on the mugs..sounds like SteelWings could've used a full one this morning!!! However, if the gals have to be on a calendar, I think the men should be on the mugs!!!! grin Some strategically placed sticks and balls blush oops...I meant staves and poi wink could be interesting!Anyway....I still say cut offs and halter top for me as bathing suits are made of lycra stuff and oh that would so hurt if I hit my poi to them and they melted. Now, the glowstick girls could do the bikini shots. We fire chics have to be a bit more creative smileMaybe we could dress the men in theme outfits...you know, tarzan and such...to make the mugs more interesting!!! *g*------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
Yea I'll give you the spandex would be a bad idea. How about fetish clothing? Leather is always good smile and you can get it in soooo many styles and types. As for the bikinis smile you could always do a fantasy warrior motif. What do you think?

Blessings to all,
Peter

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Move over Gabrielle and who needs Xena when we've got Flash Fire with her two sticks! grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
I can see the poster slogan now.....'Dreamboys throw their staff and wicks, scream if you wanna go faster girls....Arrghhhh' shocked shocked shockedWhat about those pens that do the whole naked thing when you tip them upside down.....

HaZZamember
23 posts

Posted:
ok people ok... I've read all your comments and ideas, so here's minePICTURES!!! I WANT PICTURES OF ROBOCOP Vs. TERMINATOR DOING STRINGS!!! :-)No seriously, maybe it would be a nice idea to put on your 'warderobe' and take some nice pics. Mebbe a prize?Neway, here's my tip on gettin no(or not too much) broozes; Socks. Im just a newbie, and i think newbies are most fragile and dangerous with strings....I've been practicins for like 3 or 4 days now, and i hit maself a couple of times, but i havent damaged nething so far. Only ma fingers r killin me. I get blisters if i go on a lot. Ne one have ne ideas? nething would help.Thx u guys, u keep the forum alive :-)

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
When i was still really new at stings, i would wrap my dead plastic glowsticks in socks and put tape around them to make sure they wouldnt go anywhere. Although adding a little wieght it prevented me from killing my then black and blue arms. I also sugest wearing a longsleve shirt when begining with wraps. ------------------Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.