Page:
BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
I might be blind..cause I have searched HOP but havent found any explanation on how to do a 6 beat corkscrew/windmill...but my guesss that you have to use the same method as a 7 beat weave (twirl at the elbows)
Right....

cheers

and I just want to say thanks to all the people who help out here...makes it more motivating...
reading all the threads here have made me a much better poiman.....thanks

I like Fire.. :)

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i posted this in help....

1: lift your arm above your head, then bend it at the elbow and run the palm of your hand down the back and apply a little light pressure/ push with your other hand.

2: hold your arm down a little floppy by your sides, then bend from the elbow and run the back of your hand up along your spine.

do both arms, and do them as often as you want, you will be suprised on how much you can gain from this, also do it just before you have a spinning session, warm ups are as importand as having paraffin if you want a good burn.

also with both exercises, you will find that you can confortably get your hand inbetween your shoulder blades. also the reach needed to get into waist wrap poi moves, you really need to do this for a long time + other arm stretching possitions. i am an inch off from getting my middle finger in my belly button with my arm going round my back, i know some one that can get it in there comfortably... ewww.
so thats the importance of stretching up. its learning and dialing in a move all on its own.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
man i just reread those posts i been making. how confusing. i'm soooooo bummed the one i typed out got erased-i didn't smoke for a while when i typed _that_ one. i even got a lot of the numbers mixed up in the first one. plus i never taught this stuff to anybody, and haven't worked in this part of the chain map for ages. let's try it again.

do the 180 flick/curl your arms out of the 5 beat at first, going reverse spider, it ends above your bicep as you curl your arms to get at least another half turn. with the waist twist that gives you an easy 7, more if you-
stretch your definition of a "beat" (7.3 beats?), and work on your crossover timing, 9 if you can do the finger thing too, and don't mind walloping yourself in the head . flick twist out of louise you would have 9+. fingers on louise makes 11.
more tricks, to get beyond. later. trying to see santana's video is continuing to frustrate me so i need a technology break

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
LOL hey smugs thanks really cool video!!! =)
ummm
can you do a between the legs moves for me in videos????

Dance like if noone were watching you

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
what you want? butterfly stuff?

i have mineiro, nix, glass, tempest, josh all at my house, we are going to play in the morning when every one wakes up, so i can film more stuff, individual moves, so i will get loads more footage tommorrow, i have 1hours of various hop guys and gurls + 4 more blank DV's.

wont be able to upload any thing till week monday, as i am in edinburgh fo 1 week as on this monday, so no time to play and film and edit and upload that much shit.

any body have any requests, with in reason just ask guys.

[ 02. February 2003, 14:50: Message edited by: Smugs ]

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
oh really?!?!??!
OF course i got request!!!
Between the leg butterfly! HOW TO DO IT!!!! someone of you explain it slow so i can watch how to do it plssssssssssss!!!!

also Between the leg weaves? well i alredy do that but.. i will like to watch ya ppl doing it =)

try EVERY new moves that isnt listed in the teach section of this site i will love that!!!
just TELL me when you get those videos i will download them all! =)

Dance like if noone were watching you

Rennsmember
4 posts

Posted:
I would just like to say that it is not impossible to do the 9 beat weave but the thing is can you do it and still have tight lines when you spin.

Rennsmember
4 posts

Posted:
what I mean to say is can you make look good. I'am not doubting your talent but nine beats is alot of work. I myself do 7 and the thought of nine is there. I just can't see 9 beat weave, I know alot of good spinners and it seems that a 9 beat weave is to complicated too incorperate. Where do you go from 9 beat? what do you go into after the 9. does anybody have video?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
will see what footage i can get nightshade... i am off to edinburgh with mineiro in the morning so no doubt we can get some stuff together up there, it's cold, pissing it down and too windy today so didnt get much while every one was still here.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
heck, yeah, man, smooth as gla-... uhh, ice

if it ain't tight you ain't got it. the key is in the spiral energy. feel the spiral happen, flow with it, and relax your arms. plus keep in mind this is only 7 maybe 8, 9's are different techniques added to what we have so far.

don't worry guys, in about 6-8 months, when our site is done, there'll be video footage of more crazy weaves, whole entire chapters of hyperloop moves, and stuff you never even heard of, et cetera, et cetera, than you can swallow, without lots of chewing...

plus some crazy new cutting edge technology wicked toys and gear! (and pretty girls )

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
so we get to see you in drag then mate? finally my dreams will come true
just kidding... though would be quite funny.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well then i am your dream come true...

i wear girl's clothes all the time.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
if you two gonna flirt can you keep it to PM's.

Wow, arashi in stockings and suspenders....
that'd be even more cute that PK in a tu-tu.
I can hardly type with the thought of it...

Glass

---------------------
I won't spend my life overcoming my future.

[ 03. February 2003, 13:56: Message edited by: glass ]

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well now i just got the instruction books that Malcolm sells, got the book of club swinging. now i know what "snakes" are

last two beats of 9 beat no wrap are "snakes" with poi, not a wrap but contact poi, moving the pivot from your hands to your armipt. does that make sense?

got michal's book too. pretty cool .

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
i call them "raptors" (get it?) but i think that might be a bit too testosteroney for my book ...

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
dude how you gonna snake with poi? they just end up looking like isolations.
the gandini club swingers video has horizontal snakes and look nasty.... personal opinions never hurt.
i'm kinda wanting to see video stuff, but know you dont have the facilities.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
one poi, one beat raptor:
arm like you are arm wrestling, in front of you, bent at elbow and forearm straight up. clockwise poi revolving. stick elbow into plane. chain "wraps" on tricep, at 6 o clock, but not a wrap, contact poi. as chain comes up to 9-12, chain now contacting elbow as new pivot point,
move elbow to side of body, to wall plane, like making a muscle/flexing bicep for a babe, as the chain follows CLOSELY behind forearm. almost like dragon's tongue. not a wrap, really, another beat, if you pause crossover until last possible second. chain makes crossover, (center point of crossover downward, or better yet right next to you ribs) and starts circle on other side. if that doesn't make sense piss off and wait for the pictures
still just the tip of the iceberg...

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
if your chains are short, watch out, you can BREAK YOUR NOSE doing this move...

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
bumping this for tenticle

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
Cheers arashi! finally got what you mean... i've been doing the elbow/tricep 'raptor' (i've been calling it an elbow carry) on the end of a normal 5bt to make another 7bt (the one where i said it felt like it could go under your arm instead of over...) and i only just realized it could fit on the end of the no elbow 7bt thing.
It's opened up quite a lot of things...

Hyperloops are moves that move the pivot point out on to the poi chains, these 'spider' moves move the pivot back up your arms without actually wrapping.
God knows where the 11 comes from.

--Ben

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
Oh, and NOSE? That's not what i've been hitting.

--Ben

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
SO entirely bloody confused by this entire thread (I think I need a video of this spider thing before it'll make any sense to me), but I thought I would throw in something. Another 6 beat corkscrew, for short chains:

Say right poi is leading at the top of a quad corkscrew. When you bring it down, instead of moving it beneath both arms, put it in between the arms instead. Left poi follows, hands roll around each other and then carry on with the corkscrew. Do this going up as well, there's a nice easy 6 beat. Doesn't look ugly, either.

Nightshade, weren't you pestering phunky for btl moves about a year ago? Surely you've had time to figure them out by now?

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
supercalafradgalisticexpialadocious.
there, if this search engine doesn't find this then mad

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: arashi

don't worry guys, in about 6-8 months, when our site is done, there'll be video footage of more crazy weaves, whole entire chapters of hyperloop moves, and stuff you never even heard of, et cetera, et cetera, than you can swallow, without lots of chewing...

plus some crazy new cutting edge technology wicked toys and gear! (and pretty girls biggrin )

ahh, the best laid plans of cats and men... wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
HAHAHA
yeah what a friggin slacker huh? Sangre Del Sol started eating up too much of my time... and phys. therapy...

but guess what... things are actually coming along... get ready for at least part of this stuff... plus the screen play is about done, the dvd won't be too far off.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
screenplay...? eek

send me a pm you slacker tongue

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Yea i saw this girl do an awsome 9bt corkscrew 1 time, i was like eek it was perfect! Tried to copy it but could never get it as clean so cut it from my set frown

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
awwww man you can get it.
does seem a rather over techy move though.
unless you're turning a lot and get dizzy and miss your crossover... then it'd save you from the awful fate of wrappage. there lies the dark side...

Analemmaenthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
Is there any space for antispin isolated corkscrew variations in this thread ?!? (They allow for nice extra beats) If yes - count me in wink

good bump btw

andy

To learn - read. To know - write. To master - teach . . .

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
yeah, but andy we need to differentiate from adding beats (as in more beats in general) and adding beats as a higher beat move..

I only say that because I don't want people coming along getting confused like some people I know and think that you can add beats to a move by doing normal followed by anti...

but I like the antispun corks.. they taught me the proper antispin weave.. In fact, I've been promoting corks more since I realized that: 1- not a lot of people use them; 2- learning all your cork moves builds better control over its vertical counterparts.. (that goes for up front and btb.. ) but that's off topic..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

Page: