spinnamember
7 posts

Posted:
ok its really simple but i think it looks really good...
start with the regular foward weave ( this is gonna be difficult to explain..but ill try ) with the right hand, as its returning to the right side of your body your poi will be on the down swing, as it raise back up on the right side rotate your shoulder all the way back so that the poi will make its downswing behind your left shoulder, as it swings back up, put your shoulder back out so as it comes on its downswing its crossing the front of your body to the left side again..your left does the opposite, as it crosses to the left rotate your left shoulder so its downswing is behind your right shoulder, then it will cross back to your right side again....i know that sounds really confusing but it works...when done correctly youll find that one arm will be up while the other is out...repetitively back and fourth...it makes your weave look like its moving foward and back around your upper body...im actually workin on doing it backwards from a backwards weave now but i keep hitting my ceiling
try it out !!!

SaggyDmember
56 posts

Posted:
How weird, i was teachin' one of my friends the reverse weave and she kept accidentally trying to throw the arm farther behind her and i told her she didn't have to do it, and then i decided to do it but repeditive and it's exactly how you describe, it does look sweet! Yer name doesn't happen to be Alice does it?

Peace
Much Luv

Saggy

spinnamember
7 posts

Posted:
hahah my moms name is alice...but i dont think she spins...if she does i dont know about it..
while i was doin that i stumbled across somthing else..
i was doin a backward weave, and went btb with my right arm, and when i went to follow with the left i accidentlly brought the right in front again...which tunred into back and fourth from front to back with both sides...so now it really looks like im in the weave instead of in front or behind it...and just like everything else, once i learned it foward i have to learn it backwards as well

NothingsPerfectmember
79 posts

Posted:
Hey, that's the move I recently mentioned as being a "low weave" (what my friends and I call it because it takes place around the body like the low wave or low windmill but it's in the weave plane blah blah blah) and in case you haven't found out yet, it's a WONDERFUL transition from a weave to a btb weave. It can also be done around the head (very cool looking).

~And when the day arrives I'll become the sky, and I'll become the sea, and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.~

spinnamember
7 posts

Posted:
i actually stumbled upon it while goin from front to btb...i have a habit of learning things backwards....

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
That's mad I only started doing that 2 days ago too. The one where on poi is behind your back (legs) at the same time the other is behind your head. Dunno what it looks like but it feels brilliant.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Hmm mad coinkydink I only started doing that 2 days ago too. The one where on poi is behind your back (legs) at the same time the other is behind your head. Dunno what it looks like but it feels brilliant.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.