.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Whilst in a poi-dimension last night I bumped into this move.....:

While doing a 3 bt forwards weave, allow the chains/ropes etc to wrap around each other for atleast 2 extra beats, then bring it to a buzzsaw, and then across to the opposite side to unwrap & repeat & repeat & repeat. I use finger-loops and use a 'tiger-claw stylie' grip to help the wrap go smoothly. (wonders if he's teaching Grandma how to suck eggs )

I've not got it down smooth yet, but mmmmmmmmm.
What's the best thing about learning a new move?
Realizing how much is yet to be learnt

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sounds to me like you just taught your self one of these pesky hyperloops every one's shouting about.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Not if he's just going a few extra beats to tangle the chains, right? I mean if you do an 11 beat weave on one side the chains will tangle such that if you do an 11 beat on the other it will untangle. That's certainly not a hyperloop by my understanding. That's just keeping track of how many times your chains have twisted.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Would it be an actual 11 beat weave or just an air wrap?I thought weaves stopped being once you started doing wraps to get extra beats?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i agree some what with you NYC, but still keep my origional post.

poi: i disagree, weaves with a wrap around the arm for an extra beat is still a weave, but you can do it with out. there are weaves that seem easier to do with wraps such as 6 and 7 beats. but then can also be done with out wraps.
i leave it with you.

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
In a hyperloop the chains wrap in the middle, right? ..actually I don't wanna start off a different thread here. In this move the chains wrap at the top of the chains, from the handles down. So it's not a hyperloop, but it doesn't go straight over to the other side. Both poi do one revolution between the arms, anymore and tangle city awaits, before going to the opposite side.

I'll try and get it smooth for PIP. Descriptions can help, but often confuse

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Ok, I've just been playin and both poi need to do an extra bt on the 1st side, then the lead poi comes inside the arms and both poi do 1 revolution. Because of the change in postion of the handles they don't unwind, then on to the opposite side to unwind. It's like the 3bt weave with a buzzsaw in but with a wrap in there.
The wrap an optional extra I guess