• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Culumeon
BRONZE Member since Aug 2002

Total posts: 9
Posted:First of all, it is possible, right?
I did a search, but I didnt find a clear answer to whether it is possible, without stopping a short moment each 360 degrees.

When I try, I always end up having to stop to do half a weave on the side to which Im not turning, which destroys the flow of motion.

PS
And before you say Im stupid (which I am) I admit I did not see the post at the link which is bound to end up below somewhere

Thanks
Meldon

Delete Topic

poiaholic22

Total posts: 531
Posted:Yes,it is possible.I like to abuse that move occasionally.Nyx is the queen of the continous turning weave.

I had trouble learning it at first but one night I just focused on the motion of my hands and that was all there was to it.

Just make sure you are very efficient at both forward and reverse weave before you try continous.

Right now I'm trying to teach myself continous turning 3 beat butterfly weave.

Remember that just about everything is possible.

Delete

PK_
BRONZE Member since Dec 2001

PK_

Lambretta Fanatic

Total posts: 4991
Posted:3 beat butterfly weave.. nice move.. keep one arm crossed over when turning, try the old wall plane one too, i find that one easier for 3 beat splittime.

in response to the question, just follow the flow that your making, just turn with the leading hand as it crosses sides. turn left or right. when you get BTB weaves too you can do it there aswell.
good luck, be kewl.

PK.

"To be an angel, one need not have wings.
In giving love there is an equal grace.
Nor need one seek the aura in the face,
As love unveils the beauty of all things."

*Francois Couperin.

Delete

Doc Lightning
GOLD Member since May 2001

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Total posts: 13920
Posted:I'm the king of the continuous turning weave. Yeah, it just takes some practice.

-Mike )'(
Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

"A buckuht 'n a hooze!" -Valura

Delete

BlackFireJack

Total posts: 167
Posted:3 beat butterfly weave sounds like a nice move....
How do you do it?
is it also possibble to do 5 beat BF weaves....(how do you do the wraps?)

I like Fire.. :)

Delete

BlackFireJack

Posted:me again...
working on BF moves lately .....so wonder what other moves you guy's are doing BF-wise...
horizontal and normal ...

Delete

BlackFireJack

Posted:me again...
working on BF moves lately .....so wonder what other moves you guy's are doing BF-wise...
horizontal and normal ...

Delete

coleman
SILVER Member since Aug 2002

coleman

big and good and broken

Total posts: 7330
Posted:quote:Originally posted by Jackelero:
is it also possibble to do 5 beat BF weaves....(how do you do the wraps?) yep, no problem - there are no wraps because when the poi are on the same side you are just doing a butterfly.

so you can do a 9 beat or a 15 beat butterfly weave if you like - it looks lovely and smoove with just three beats tho

continuous turning weave - for me, once i could do a fountain (or even just a forwards to reverse weave in the wall plane) i suddenly found i could turn @ any speed i liked. hey presto, continuous turning weave

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Delete

PK_

PK_

Lambretta Fanatic

Posted:there is a 5 beat TTN weave and the split time version too. me and tempest were working on the split at the weekend. but its a lot harder for me to do the split.
you can do 4 beat TTN with out a wrap. needs a vid to see it.
as a conventional TTN instead of moving the arm forward, you can let the poi carry on further befor it wraps ur arm, then push it forwards at the last min.

PK.

*Francois Couperin.

Delete

PK_

PK_

Lambretta Fanatic

Posted:may i add though, that a weave is a continuos flowing move from side to side. so butterfly weaves consist of:
2,3,4,5 same and split time butterfly/ TTN weaves.
2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 same and split time weaves. 8,9 pushing luck!!! oh wraps and with out wraps on 6,7,8,9.
hope this clears up matters.

PK.

*Francois Couperin.

Delete

coleman
SILVER Member since Aug 2002

coleman

big and good and broken

Total posts: 7330
Posted:never played with even beat bf weaves - i wanna go to sheffield

good lookin out pk

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted:I'm the Town Idiot of the continous turning weave. I do it way too much... it's just so dang fun!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

PK_

PK_

Lambretta Fanatic

Posted:is this a public anouncment for NYC, roll up roll up, $1 a ride on the human merry-go-round. lol

PK.

*Francois Couperin.

Delete