Celestial__Enigmamember
7 posts

Posted:
Hi my name is Newbie and i have NO BRAIN!! Well you see, that explanation for the WEAVE move is not helping AT ALL!! I dont get it! So can some one give me a more simplified explanation on how to do that weave, i really wanna learn it! Appreciate it! ~~~Celes

[ 14. January 2003, 12:40: Message edited by: flash fire ]

WHAT WILL PEOPLE THINK WHEN THEY HEAR THAT IM A JESUS FREAK?

CulumeonBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
I see you changed topic name (or, I am having serious hallucinations)

I assume "that explanation" refers to the Poi Lessons:
https://www.homeofpoi.com/theweave.htm

Personally, I don´t look much at the text, just watch the animations and pretend you´re playing "Simon says"

Just remember "A little help is better than no help at all" before hitting me for bad advice.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i wrote this for my website:

Weave....

The weave is pretty much the first move that any one attempts to achieve. Most of you who are reading this and trying to learn will find it hard and will do a 2 beat weave to start (one beat on ether side).

Start off spinning your poi one on each side of you left on left and right on right!.

2 beat, forwards or backwards can be done 2 different ways, single beat on the same side of your body and a single beat on the opposite side of your body. forwards with your right hand passing over your left or under your left and exactly the same in reverse. This will help you with the 4 beat later on. hint hint. these moves can be done in same time too.

3 beat

Forwards: Now for the tricky part, leading with your right poi, take it over to the left but as you are moving the right poi you should also move the left over to the right but most importantly even if doing a 2 beat weave, all ways move your right arm over the left!!! (be warned because this is where you say I can not do a 3 beat weave). Then once your left poi has rotated once on the right side bring it back over to the left, as it is rotating on the left side follow it with your arm and take your left arm over your right and across to the right side let it spin half a rotation and follow over with your right arm for one rotation following with your right arm take it over your left arm and across to the left side of you again, the left poi is doing its second rotation on the right side then follow across to the left side. You have now just done the 3 beat weave.

Reverse: leading with your right poi, take it over to the left but as you are moving the right poi you should also move the left over to the right but most importantly even if doing a 2 beat weave, all ways move your right arm under the left!!! (be warned because this is where you say I can not do a 3 beat reverse weave). Then once your left poi has rotated once on the right side bring it back over to the left, as it is rotating on the left side follow it with your arm and take your left arm under your right and across to the right side let it spin half a rotation and follow over with your right arm for one rotation following with your right arm take it under your left arm and across to the left side of you again, the left poi is doing its second rotation on the right side then follow across to the left side. You have now just done the 3 beat reverse weave.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I changed the topic title. Previous one was deemed inappropriate.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
inappropriate? what did it say flash?

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
***watches as flash fire flexes her lithe supple muscles*** oooooo!!! don't mess with her PK, I saw her lop the head off a green dragon last night, just cause he accidentaly ate a little wizard dude

Non-Https Image Link

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
lmao the rath of flash is coming.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
see what did i tell you, now i dont know wether to laugh, run away and hide or be damn right scared of her now after that post.

:hides:

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
***cowers in terror***
Non-Https Image Link

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Ok, enough of the prattle, we had better get back on topic befor "you know who" opens up a 55 gallon drum of whoop ass and pours it all over our heads.

Hey Celestial_Enigma (that is a beautiful name BTW) I found a realy good web site for new-B's It has very simple moves on video for all the beginers out there, he breaks it up into tiny little steps, perfect for learning a 3-beat weave. He calls them by different names than we do, and does them with glowsticks in his hands, but the movements are the same.

https://www.jugglingwithatwist.fsnet.co.uk/page47.html

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i have this video i found for sale in my mates juggling and kite shop, its called kiwido [way of the kiwi i think it means]
its manufactured by a company called active people website
its pretty good for newbes, i well recomend it. i still havent seen malcolms art of poi so i cant make coment there. this kiwido video has all sorts of dodgy names for moves that we all know as other moves, they may be the clasic kiwi names for them, but it gives you a very good incite to poi.
[back to topic]

Celestial__Enigmamember
7 posts

Posted:
THANKYOU ALL for the help!!!! I appreciate it! And ty santanatwo for the compliment on my name.

WHAT WILL PEOPLE THINK WHEN THEY HEAR THAT IM A JESUS FREAK?

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
you are quite welcom And, let me add, it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Traciemember
3 posts

Posted:
Did you ever get your weaving down? Cause I got mine in a couple days..so I'd love to help..

* *  If you've been hiding from love I can understand where you're coming from If you've suffered enough I can understand what you're thinking of I can see the pain that you're frightened of And I'm only here To bring you free love Let's make it clear That this is free love No hidden catch No strings attached Just free love  * *

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
The 3 beat ain't all that easy when you haven't done it before. I know this cause I can do 4/5 beat weaves and btb forward and back but I can still only do a 3 beat on one side (I only realised the other day I'd been doing 2 beats instead of 3....doh!).

Believe me it's a mixture of .
Stupid left arm!!

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.