PurdueFiremember
19 posts

Posted:
What do u guys use for a trasistion from a 3 beat weave into a 3 beat btb weave???

---
Matt Brisbin

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
You should go to the videos section and check the vids of Jo Derry.He does just about every btb transition there is.

I think?

Normally I'll do a forward weave and while I'm turning to a reverse will throw them behind my back.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
now theres a transition i do not do very often any more.

1: an old favourite for me is to take one hand behind so one hand is doing a behind the back weave and the other is doing a weave, then in one motion, you can switch them both, in one revoution of the poi.

2: now that i can do waistwraps they seem to become the easiest option of taking you poi to a behind the back transition.

theres a whole word of variations behind your back from waistwraps, i've been working on something a little strange, but it needs a video, that i might make this week... no job = loads of time on hands to do poi and more video editing.

3: one move that jo derry does, i have it on video but i havnt asked his permission to use it, is a waistwrap version on item 1 above, it looks sick, and he takes it around his head too the sic fuk.

transitions smooth out in time, they become second nature.

to give you an idea on waistwrap transition i sugest downloading 2 video's i uploaded a few months ago. found here in the not so jedi thread.

be kewl

PurdueFiremember
19 posts

Posted:
Thx for the video link...helps a lot... now 2 tie them in with the hyperloop or somthin' else thats kool lookin'.

---
Matt Brisbin

NothingsPerfectmember
79 posts

Posted:
Hey PK, the way you described #1 means that it's exactly what me and my friends call "low weave" (for lack of a better name). Basically your poi always spin the same direction, and you keep swapping them...left poi right side front while right poi is left side btb, left poi right side btb while right poi is left side front, etc. I like to do a couple beats of this to transition from weave to btb weave (or rev) because it effectively moves a weave from in front of you to around you to behind you. Hope that helps Purdue.

P.S.
Anybody remember me describing a move I thought was a "weavemill?" That was basically a "high weave," or a low weave done around the head.

~And when the day arrives I'll become the sky, and I'll become the sea, and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.~

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
tis kind of a low wave thing, but not, low waves are wall plane infront of you, no hands go behind the back, each hand stays on its natural side, it doesnt matter if they are going the same way of opposites.
i do #1 as a opposite too, just variations.
#3 is still the sickest though i have no idea how he can do it with out catching poi on any thing.

NothingsPerfectmember
79 posts

Posted:
Mabye you should get a little more sleep PK, I said low wEave, not "wave" My friends and I make sure everything has a name just for referencing to each other, so we try to keep them as simple as possible.

Also, I haven't tried it yet, but shouldn't it be possible to do this move with the poi spinning opposite directions? I think so, as they are never on the same side (and even if they were, all those crazy butterfly weavers could handle it )

*realizes he's taking this thread further and further off topic*

=X

~And when the day arrives I'll become the sky, and I'll become the sea, and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.~

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
my bad, sorry bro.
bed sounds good, if i could sleep.

yeah i get ya now, i didnt see the E. have you tried doing the same move but over your head? switch between the two, looks nice.
try the butterfy ones they feel so strange, but flow nicly.

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
i think if peoples arms could twist all the way behind their backs and function the same way as in the front then some of these moves would be much easier but i think doing the backwards weave or just a backwards rotation might help

¿