RaverShokmember
17 posts

Posted:
I've been working on this move for quite a while and I still only manage to get about 3 or 4 beats of it . I havent seen anyone do it before but I know its possible. Its a BTB TTN butterfly weave. Its the same concept and plane(at your sides) as the forward and reverse BTB weaves but instead of a weave you do a butterfly. I guess if you have it pretty good you can also do turns with it. I wanted to wait till I got it to post it but I decided to post it anyways to see if someone has already done it.

peace shok
String - E

SaggyDmember
56 posts

Posted:
If no one else has done it i shall say to you Great imagination! That's a wonderful idea, and i shall try to learn it once i get the basics of the BTB butterfly down, haven't exactly mastered it yet. In fact i think i'll go practice now...

Peace!

Saggy

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
butterfly waist wraps wall plane! you can turn these also, do them in either direction, transfer side to side, do a TTN variation. Pop one arm over your shoulder whist the other arm is waist wrapping.
theres loads more combos out there to work on, you just have to find them, i dont think there are many moves that havnt been discovered, just because you havnt seen any one do a move doesnt mean it doesnt exist, some one has allways done what you think is a New move!.

RaverShokmember
17 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the feedback. To clear things up PK, I wasnt trying to say that I invented a new move, I was simply seeing if anyone has done it before. Those wall plane BF TTN your talking about, are they the ones you do on your video where you do a BF in front of you with one of your arms crossed behind your back and the other arm in front, switching sides?

peace shok

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
didnt mean to come accross as i was "having a go", but yeah i do the butterfly move in the flicks i posted, i am currently trying the TTN variation but its proving a little difficult, i havnt played with poi for over a month now, its all been pretty much contact staff. mind you i did pull off a 3 beat weave on a front wall plane infront of your body [kinda waist wrap style but in 3 points] looks almost like the bottom half of a corkscrew. maybe once i get my computer up and running again i might be able to post more move flicks.
for now enjoy my hudini move.

RaverShokmember
17 posts

Posted:
I practiced my ass of last night and finally pulled a wall plane bf ttn but only on my left side, the right side still has me stumped and my back is aching. Need more pratice......

peace, shok
string-e