Page:
4d1c3member
61 posts

Posted:
hey people,
how we all goin 2day do you actually do wraps with fire. i have been doin fire twirling with poi and staff for like a year and can do most of the moves on this site. but i have never tried a rap with a fire poi?

probably a stupid Q but yea

l8er

the risk is the rush

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
ow ps about the first Pumpkin Post
Please do not try to protect yourself with vaseline, it will only make burns more likely because it will absorb the heat, so your skin stays in longer contact with the heat.... || "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Here's a recent thread on burns and wraps-

[Old link]

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
White spirit = burns eventually, especially during extended sessions. Parrafin/kerosene all the way!

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

FacelessjokerBRONZE Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Ive only just started doing warps with fire. Until now i havent been brave enough, i was still scared silly when i did it. I think im going to practice more with unlit wicks. hehe.
This thread is really helpful so fankees everyone smile

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
I'm a skin. Although, recently it's got a bit nippier out, so I've started wearing more clothing. Don't like burning clothes though, and whilst I burnt myself quite a lot with my (now expired) Monkey Fists, it's only little scratches and burns. Nothing too serious. I did a weave-bicep wrap-TTN the other day with Bradfire's double 4"ers (on cable) and I have a lovely gouge on the back of my arm. Probably from the cable.

Oh yeah, and paraffin all the way. At £2.55 for 4 litres, how can you go wrong?

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
i also find that dog chain works great for wraps. ball chain can get stuck on itself, and not release, and i''ve had wire try to do its best to cut my arm off when i pulled it to release.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

ZimBRONZE Member
Former Raver Invader... Not sure what i am now...
284 posts

Posted:
i've used my friends ball chain fire poi and it's a little harder than the shoelaces and glowsticks i use at raves but i was able to get tech tricks off and wraps weren't really a problem either.

Much love
-Kyle

Clean for 6 months and counting... ah yeah, that's nice.

2012SILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
ive got sick wraps you must see but before that when doing wraps in your rouitines wear long sleaves. the chains get hot and cause burns not mistakes.when i first started my wraps i burt my arms like 50 times in one set due to the tricks i preform. so wherever the chains are gonna wrap make sure skin is covered

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
I wear long sleeve shirts, but I do a lot of cantact, where poi is in one hand the other poi is wrapping around the same forearm 2- or three times. I get tons of burns from every exposed part of my skin on my arms. Thru wraps, bounce wraps and general catching and tracing will all burn the crap out of you if you do not have your skin covered, and dont even try a wrap or bouncewrap untill a min or two into spin, the kero will soak into fabric on teh bounce. If you are scared of burns you could always become the stall master and be able to do 90% of the wraps with no contact just stalls.

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
*Where the heck did this thread come from?!*

Oh, I see, it's two years old... in that case:

MY NAME IS NYC AND I AM FROM THE FUTURE! SELL YOUR PROPERTY IN NEW ORLEANS QUICKLY!!! AND PUT ALL YOUR MONEY ON PITTSBURG IN THE 2006 SUPERBOWL!

Oh and if you do a search you can find stuff like descriptions of kevlar sleeves that Kael and I use when doing wraps.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
shouldnt the almost equals sign pull up that thread NYC..

speaking of which, that almost equals sign is really dragging some shiat up huh.. ubblol

all these old threads popping up everywhere.. part of me thinks its cool.. but most of me is going 'Wah?!?' After all, a lot of these threads involve discussions with people that don't post.. hahaha.

hoorah for malcom's hop equivalent of the rod-o-ressurection...

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
i've seen lovely video footage of rev doing some fantastic wrapping.

it was in his lounge, though, and with glowstrings.

and it was great. biggrin

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

Page: