Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Simply method and classic funny move

Login/Join to Participate

Shinomorimember
24 posts

Posted:
Simply method to quick success in stringing. Learning the weave and windmill in both directions will lead to 360 weave/btb weave. Butterflies lead to btb butterflies, overhead butterflies, alternate butterflies and split time butterflies. One arm wraps lead to double bicep wraps which leads to btb double bicep wrap. Handcuff wraps leads to btb handcuff wrap and handcuff neck warp. Oh yea can't forget thread the needle and extra beats. I guess it does get a bit complicated.

The classic funny move goes to: The butterfly on the dirty floor.

I know everybody loves the classic butterfly on the floor. Usually takes place during a party when the floor is fill with alochol, cigarettes, spit, etc. and somebody lays down on their back and gets themselves dirty to do a butterfly. That's a classic move. Nothing is better when somebody voluntarily gets dirty to show off something that can be done standing up. Maybe somebody will try a more technical verison and lie face down and do btb butterfly. Muahahhaha.

[ 17. December 2002, 20:40: Message edited by: Shinomori ]

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I'll agree that the basics are pretty simple. The complicated part is learning to get all of the variations of those basic moves to work in all of those hard places.

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:

Now I'm confused. You went and changed the post. What on Earth are you getting on about? Weren't you pondering why something so simple was able to be so easily complicated?

Eh, I'm tired. Props on the classic!

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i'm lost!
i am an amputee with only one arm but i can still waistwrap.

spinittowinitmember
2 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Shinomori:
Simply method to quick success in stringing. Learning the weave and windmill in both directions will lead to 360 weave/btb weave. Butterflies lead to btb butterflies, overhead butterflies, alternate butterflies and split time butterflies. One arm wraps lead to double bicep wraps which leads to btb double bicep wrap. Handcuff wraps leads to btb handcuff wrap and handcuff neck warp. Oh yea can't forget thread the needle and extra beats. I guess it does get a bit complicated.

The classic funny move goes to: The butterfly on the dirty floor.

I know everybody loves the classic butterfly on the floor. Usually takes place during a party when the floor is fill with alochol, cigarettes, spit, etc. and somebody lays down on their back and gets themselves dirty to do a butterfly. That's a classic move. Nothing is better when somebody voluntarily gets dirty to show off something that can be done standing up. Maybe somebody will try a more technical verison and lie face down and do btb butterfly. Muahahhaha.

spinittowinitmember
2 posts

Posted:
I disagree with shinomori i think that the butterfly on your back can be visually spectactular rather than a funney move. i can start standing, switch from a two handed butterfly to a single handed butterfly then lie down still doing a one handed buterfly with my fire chanes centimeters from my face. I find this moves works well as a crowed puller or finalle personally and well if the floor happens to be dirty, you cant help where you hang out

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by spinittowinit:
you cant help where you hang out
yes you can, its your choice where you go isnt it? no one elses.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Of course you can choose where you hang out...

You can even clean the floor with a rag or t-shirt by putting it on your feet and shuffling while doing poi...

Or asking some mates or onlookers to do the same thing...

Or look down at the mucky floor and say " I was going to do some cool stuff on the floor too, but it looks like its covered in grime and bottles and cigarettes (most of the time someone will clean it up for you without any prompting...

People are a lot more helpful than you might think

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?