Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
I just remembered this one and I can see a hell of a lot of branches from this, what happens is I do a fan kick (comes up and around) with my right leg and throw the right poi under that leg. Throw myself into a crouch while the left poi comes over my head and swings on my right side of my body. I call it "Contortionist" next one I'm working on is called "The Thinker" Guess what happens in this one.

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

SaggyDmember
56 posts

Posted:
Sounds rather interesting, but i get lost on the throw, you say you do a kick and then you throw it and duck. which hand do you throw the poi with and at what point do you throw it? I'm desperate for new moves and i would really appreciate it if you could describe this move in detail.

Thank you,

Saggy

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
OK I guess the word "throw" is a little misleading sorry about that. I'll try to explain again.

You might need to shorten the chains with this move too.

When you do the fan kick with your right leg you put your right arm under your right leg, pits of your right elbow and right knee should be touching nice and tight.

Quickly duck into a crouch the timeing on this is crucial, the poi have a habit of hitting eachother if you don't do it fast enough.

As you come down in the crouch the left poi comes behind your head and spins over your right shoulder.

The finised move has you in a crouch with one poi spinning between your legs and the other spinning over your right shoulder.

To pull out of this move do exactly what you did to get into it but in the opposite order, it is trickier to get out of it than it is to get into this move and you might do a quick couple of leg wraps as you stand up again but it will look as if you meant to do it.

How's that? Better description?

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

SaggyDmember
56 posts

Posted:
sounds fun, that'll get some eyeballs poppin' next rave lol, gotta practice, it's next friday oh no! thank you very much for the description, i'll practice it!

NothingsPerfectmember
79 posts

Posted:
I do something similar(?) to that where I start spinning forward and do a crossover, lifting my left leg and bringing the right poi underneath it. My left foot rests on my right knee while I rest my left arm on my (raised) left knee. The result is a fwd butterfly with arms crossed (one underneath a leg). Come to think of it, it's kinda looks like a flamingo. I'm hoping to take yoga in coming semesters to enhance the possibilites

~And when the day arrives I'll become the sky, and I'll become the sea, and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.~