Forums > Technical Discussion > Colorchanging with glowsticks.......someone please help!

Login/Join to Participate

pHoTiKrBOImember
27 posts

Posted:
can some kind person...please give me some detials or tips on colorchanging....

my girlfriend wants me to go to the school dance and so im pretty much forced, and the DJ there is gonna be tite he actually turns the cafeteria into a club lol wit strobes n lights...so i really wanna learn colorchanging so i can impress my girfriend LOL!! ok..im pretty good at glostringing, i can do everysingle move excpet btb weaves....so someone plz help me on color changing! thank u!!!! peace out!!!!!!!

pHoTiK kReW!!!!!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Sorry what do you mean by colourchanging? Is it when you have another colour in your hand and swap when no one is looking?

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
From memeory, the only colour changing I know about is when you use different coloured sticks as the handles as well as the 'swinging' bit.

Say a red one as a handle and a green one being swung.

To change colours, perform whatever way you prefer to swap them.

Like :

* catching them in opposite hands

* sliding the string back so they swap

* wrapping and then grabbing the end and unwrapping with the new colour

etc etc etc

Though I would say, it's not skills like this that impress girlfriends, its usually the sort of person you are more than anything.

The best way to turn her off is to try and impress her with skills, I'd just be romantic and buy her a rose or something, but that's old ancient charles talking...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Oh Charles you are a such a romantic - swoon!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
my personal favoriteis to wrap the poi string and let go, then catch the other end, this is called a "wrap switch" If you
go here, they are discussed in detail

https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000421#000000

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

pHoTiKrBOImember
27 posts

Posted:
LOL not all girls like sweet romantic guys....

hehe ok thanks for ur help guys im kinda practicin its hard catchin the other one =\

pHoTiK kReW!!!!!

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
quote:
LOL not all girls like sweet romantic guys....
Of course not, if you are sweet and romantic all the time it just becomes expected.

But, I can honestly say, trying to impress a current girlfriend with your skill at glowsticking/juggling/card-stacking just doesn't work the way people think it should.

You tend to look like a show-off, even if you do it well and they become less impressed than if you had never tried.

Not being romantic usually, but doing it once every few months is THE best way to impress, In My Honest Opinion

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

alix_r2002member
12 posts

Posted:
Im a NEWB so I can't offer advice on glowsticking, but as far as women....
I would definitely do things because you find joy in it- not to impress someone else. If they happen to notice you can do something cool and are impressed by it... then all the better. If you are a clubber and she goes with you then she already knows, and you shouldn't draw any more attention to it then that. Be happy that you can do it and you like doing it.

I sought advice and cooperation from all, but not permission...

pHoTiKrBOImember
27 posts

Posted:
LOL cause last time we went clubbin, she saw these glowstringers and she was like "o my god thats sooo cool!!! i wish u could do that!!" hehe so i gotta try n do it now....

pHoTiK kReW!!!!!

breakerBRONZE Member
36 posts

Posted:
i've been spinnin stix for a while now. i just gotta say that after a while she will probably start thinking differently about how "cool" stringing is. my gurl isn't as impressed by my stringing as much anymore.

as for colorchanging you can do the wraps, which are really hard to pull off, or you can toss and catch the opposite end.

if you really wanna impress ur gurl start spinnin fire.

[ 10. December 2002, 08:21: Message edited by: casper ]

"our love withers here and dies
the story had to end in blood"

"You will not feel pain near the end, my dear
Your memory shall remain with me
As I weep upon your grave
My love...

My love..."

SaggyDmember
56 posts

Posted:

pHoTiKrBOImember
27 posts

Posted:
LOL spin fire...im coo wit that i got burned playin wit fireworks so im firepoiphobic...

pHoTiK kReW!!!!!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by pHoTiKrBOI:
im pretty good at glostringing, i can do every single move excpet btb weaves
...and wrap-switches and throws and maybe a couple of others...

just playing merry christmas!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Nice call Coleman.The easiest way to color change with glowsticks would probably be to buy color changing glowsticks.Yes, that's right color changing glowsticks.They last about a half an hour and change from orange to green or pink to blue.You can get them from house of rave.com or clubthings.com.I don't know if I can get in trouble for naming those sites but if so,someone let me know.If you really want to impress with a color changing show then maybe you should save your money and get some Aerotech poi.

Locoflymember
62 posts

Posted:
dude those aerotech color changing balls are friggin expensive. it almost borders on rediculous. they definitely look like they rock but GEEZ.

From the makers of soylent green.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
The first time I looked up the Aerotech site I forgot that the English pound is more than an American dollar.Then when I got the conversions it was like "Jeeeeezus".They are hella expensive but that just means I'll have to save my money a little longer cuz they are totally worth it.For anyone who has never used them before they are also ridiculously heavy.At least the meteors are.

BoomShankarGOLD Member
95 posts

Posted:
Hey,
so can you buy propper aerotech poi these days? Or are you on about the aerotech juggle balls attached to chains... I defo need to get some whatever they are aerotech stuff looks amazing especially their staff/swinging clubs. My mate says he's getting an aerotech devilstick next week I'm jealous to death. It'd be good to see a serious set of glow poi, especially since poi got so big. Oh yeah where can I buy this equipment in England, apart from over the 'net?

cheers

W0lfie

progger

WhiteFoxmember
23 posts

Posted:
right now me and my techy friend are making a circut use=ing a pressure censor so when i get at a certain speed it changes colors. were also trying to do the same with a blinking light that speeds up as you go faster.

i like pie