Forums > Social Chat > WHERE IS YOUR FAVORITE PLACE?

Login/Join to Participate

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
Hiya PeopleI was just wondering where people most enjoy to practice poi or whatever they do? I guess for me, my back garden is obviously one, but the beach is great fun practicing! Also, is there anywhere unusual you have practiced before?Keep Smiling grinGolden Krispy

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
I have been know to practice ( with tennis ball poi ) waiting for the bus and the train going into and out of work.

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i was in old navy (clothing store) that had dog chew toys also in the back. They were made of rope about 2 1/2 ft long with a loop on one end and a large ball of rope on the other. My wife was shopping forever, i picked one up and started spinning it, then picked up the other. They were perfect! I walked around practicing for about 45 minutes. I did recieve some strange looks though..hee hee"S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
I walked all the way through brixton at 10pm tonight, with glowstick poi, on my own. Funnnnn.Somehow, it's impossible to feel hard while swinging poi (uberpoi++ being the obvious exception here).I like practicing on Primrose Hill, but you can't do fire there [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/blush.gif">(------------------[/image] - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Anywhere and everywhere! I can't remember how many umbrella's I've broken doing staff moves, or how many wierd things i've juggled with just coz there was nothing much to do.I'm well known for doing staff moves while waiting for the bus or walking along the road. And also for unicycling home from work during summer...But my all-time favourite place to practice (as well as busk) has to be Aotea Square here in central Auckland.It's only a 5 min walk (1 min unicycle) from where I live, and has a ring of three wide cobbled steps going down towards it that makes a perfect visual barreir for people getting too close. As it's got heaps of foot-traffic, I often meet up with other firey's, buskers/performers/jugglers etc and can learn heaps of all of them. Plus, I tend to put a hat down even when practising and can make money while I learn!Life just can't get any better somtimes.And then you get engaged (soppy puppy look on my face!).......------------------Charleshttps://juggling.co.nz[This message has been edited by Charles (edited 09 August 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

chicazulBRONZE Member
16 posts

Posted:
The house I live in has basically no yard, so most of my practicing is done in public. On nice days I will head down to a local beach/park with my toys. Because it's difficult to pack a staff in a backpack, I usually end up walking and spinning at the same time, with occasional pauses to go into some full out staff play. Thus I have become "the girl with the stick" after walking through parks and city streets, into the 7-11, shopping mall, etc...That's about as unusual as I get, except for my recent tendency to pull out poi and staff in the parking lot whenever I get upset at work.

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
to save time and space i'll give you a quick list of places i lurve to poi in:- the forest- on my road (round-about in the middle)- while walking to and from places grin (a personal fave )- in the shops. (Superman, i've done the dog accessories trick too. although i used dog leads )- anywhere remote (Scotish lowlands)- on the beach. grinP.L.U.R

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
For play with the comets...anywhere!!!!!For practice with my home made practice poi... my living room or backyard when the neighbors kids aren't out (they will walk right into me)For fire and performance... there is nothing like a good Ren stage! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

courtneemember
37 posts

Posted:
i practice pretty much everywhere i have room, and when i've remembered to bring my poi with me :) usually, though, i practice at home in my living room and at work during off times.-------------------nee

-nee

plastikgirlmember
41 posts

Posted:
backyard, beach, street, parks, basketball courts, parties, anywhere where I dont hit anybody and can spin freely.------------------"Lady bug lady bug, fly away home. Your house is on fire, and your children will burn! Ashes, ashes, all fall down!!

Lady bug lady bug, fly away home. Your house is on fire, and your children will burn! Ashes, ashes, all fall down!!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hey there's a post from Spanky on here....

Marines doing poi. Whatever next?

Meh

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Spinning on a ship none-theless

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
8 days in the future....

Meh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
bush raves. hippy festivals.
basically anywhere that is is a true community and is close to nature; places I that strangely feel like my home and further my dillusionment with the rat race/concrete jungle.
not that i don't mind jungle....

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Goldie is playing at Pyrophile's club.

with regards to your rat race. I want 20 dog biscuits on the one with the little blue saddle.

Meh

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
There's a loverly spot just down from my house on the foreshore of shorncliffe (where Moon Fest is held) I love that spot It's got the best energies... That place was the inspiration of the full moon gatherings... I always go down there to twirl...

and then just out from there, is a rock jetty... It's a great spot to just sit and talk to the moon and feel the wind blow over your face and the waves crashing in around you... 'tis bliss

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Bender_the_Offender:
bush raves. hippy festivals.
Damn! I love Aussies!

Anyways... My all time favorite place is a little parky type place that lies at the top of a valley of mountains situated in Retiro das Pedras near the city of Minas Gerais (General Mines) Brazil... The place is a huge group of houses near the cliff of a mountain range... The paths near the cliff are covered in 'soon to be' quartz... And the rocks on the mountain are crystal as well
A place of high energy!!!

But I like spinning anywhere! Hyde park get me weird looks as does the bus stop poi session... I love doing poi at beaches and anywhere in nature!

Much love to all, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
I was resently in Edinburgh on a construction site
in the shadow of the Edinburgh castle.
When i had finnished working one of the forman took me on a tour of the site, and i ended up on the roof looking over Edinburgh by night that in it's self was quite amazing but i had my fire breating and staff equipment with me and the foreman allowed me to light up, that has to be my fave place, truly magical.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.