Page:
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Right,
i trust you all have got to know me a little more these past few weeks as i now have an internet connection where i dont have to watch my online timeage! and can spend a little more time on the board.

right: to the point of this thread i have been asked to submit some recent footage that i have put together of myself, most of you will have all ready probably downloaded the first one, but the second one did not work due to my server altering the preferences set on the file.. dont ask me why but it did.
but
this is not an ego thing so dont start a war against me because i am not doing it for that reason, i am doing it because i have been asked to. I feel i have some moves within these files that are coming to light as well as the ones posted in the jedi thread. but this is an off jedi topic...
i do not wish to be a jedi and i certainly do not want to be one, people may have other opinions of me and my spinning, i just would like to have this thread as a reference of replys on what you think is good and what is bad and your thoughts on the videos in general.
dont kick me because the files are so big, i made them this way because i hate small files, crappy compressed footage in .WMV, i like raw files, files that people can see whats going on in them, so that people can learn from them.
anyways lemme know what you guys think i aprechiate any coments.

fire aerotech

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
*goes back to waiting by the postbox as she ccan't download these clips.......grrr!*

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I don't have the right elf - I think he must be on holiday!!

Why do my elves alway dissapear behind the bke shed for a smoke when I need them??

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Pk. Your moves are bloody brilliant! You've practised you little heart out on them, and chick its paid off. I like to see your moves, so i can copy your style. Its good to see the moves and the people (when you leave a ickle vid)especially because sometimes not everyone can get to the meetings...

Davena

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Perfect vid..Really nice transtions...
BTB BF side to side - ooh I cant believe what I saw ,how "easy" doing

R

POI THEO(R)IST

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
its a nice move huh richee!
i spent an hour trying to figure it out piece by piece.. i had tried time and time before but going directly in there in one move and it doesnt work, drag it in to sections and you figure it out... its probably one of the most confortable waistwrap style moves i can do now.
you like my gurl nancy at the end? lol she'smy little student.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
wahey! saw your aerotech vid at last

nice one again pk.

i have to agree with richee, that butterfly waistwrap sure is neat. i do it a bit weird at the moment - with the butterfly on my left hand side, my btb arm (right arm) is closest to my body whereas when the butterfly is on my right, my btb left hand sits outside my right (hope you're paying attention here guys!).

its okay but it doesn't look anywhere near as neat as it could do if its done one way or the other.
i guess if i learn it both ways i can pick and choose which looks better later

thank-you for posting these videos man - they've definitely given me some stuff to play with - your transitions from in front to btb are super smooth (and with aerotech clubs no less - they piss me off ).

my only other question is: how did you get it to stop f*ckin raining long enough to do a video?!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
wahey! saw your aerotech vid at last

nice one again pk.

i have to agree with richee, that butterfly waistwrap sure is neat. i do it a bit weird at the moment - with the butterfly on my left hand side, my btb arm (right arm) is closest to my body whereas when the butterfly is on my right, my btb left hand sits outside my right (hope you're paying attention here guys!).

its okay but it doesn't look anywhere near as neat as it could do if its done one way or the other.
i guess if i learn it both ways i can pick and choose which looks better later

thank-you for posting these videos man - they've definitely given me some stuff to play with - your transitions from in front to btb are super smooth (and with aerotech clubs no less - they piss me off ).

my only other question is: how did you get it to stop f*ckin raining long enough to do a video?!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
PK, help me out. i downloaded the videos, however it doesnt seem that whatever i have to view them, quicktime, win media player, realplayer, isnt good enough to play them. what program and version are you using to get them running?

Wow

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hey shibaki, thanks for your coments that cass told me.. i'd like you to know they are the same for me too, your somooth man too smooth! tell your mom i can send her my autograph if she wans one, maybe a signed piccie hahaha.

erm sounds to meyour missing codecs on your players, you need to find the divx5 codec a relativly small download, i have started to use divx to code my movies because of the quality windows media codec is not that good and comresses the quality too much. i will have a scoot round see if i can find a link for you.
right i'm on a mission for this link back soon.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
mission acomplished....
divx
3meg download... 2 to choose from unless you want to pay.. i sugest dont pay!
be kewl have fun....

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
you are the man pk, thank you for the link. it didnt actually work for me, but it gave me the clue i needed to get my compy in gear. very very nice vids. i see some work/play i definitely need to do for my dance. i am quite sure that my mum would love your autograph!

~shibaki

Wow

Locoflymember
62 posts

Posted:
that vid rocks. maybe i missed the credits or something but what/who is that music? i was calmed to the point of passing out on the keyboard. and the link to the divx codec worked for me. thanks for showing me/us this. im honored.

token===>

From the makers of soylent green.

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Very nice MR PK, very nice!!
Thanx for some great inspiration

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Not much room to dance on that fire vid huh! oh well thas the more i wanted to play with a few new moves with the fire poi video.
the track on the fire vid is by Sphongle [tales of the inexpressible]
and the track on the clubs vid is by Royksopp.
Shibaki needs work on his dance???? WHAT no man u move like the wind, so smooth too.

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
yes, the music was definitely a shocker, but a pleasant one. i just discovered the joys of sphongle not long ago. thank you for the compliment PK but i dont seem to have the wind in me right now, and am sustaining many burns, so it is time to put on my learning helmet i would not have been able to dance in the small space that you did!

Wow

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
very nice! you'd love it over here in NZ

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi PK, I really enjoyed the fire video, great stuff. But, I’m rather envious of ease that you slip into those btb waist wraps (think that’s wot u call em) on your right hand side, in the areotech video. Yeah, and the btb b/f was cool.

I’m right handed and I’m finding it really, really, really hard to get me left arm around me back. Also, I was wondering why you didn’t throw into any snakes. Are they difficult to incorporate in a routine, like the one you did in the video i.e they go down better when you are stationary?

Very nice

Cheers

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
that vid is awesome very well done
my compliments

¿

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well i finally got to see at least one clip(fire), after much frustration in computer land. sweet, man, nice smooth flow, like ice, fuggin tite planes! ! one day i'll get to see your other, and the glass vid, and i quiver in anticipation . funny only two days ago i played some songs from that shpongled album while we were dancing with cass

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
well, shibaki, I seem to have the WIND in ME.... :::distinctive, low pitched rumbling noise, followed by foul odor::: We at least I used to....

Nice video PK, I finaly got the DivX to work again. I got them permanently downloaded on my computer.

OK, which part are the "snakes" (time code)? and is there a "CARRY" anywhere in there???

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
no snakes in their dude, only in the tank downstairs and one right next to me.
not very good at snakes with clubs, jo derry taught me a few months back but never really played with them, only as a staff move for extra beats. My cubs have finger loops on them because my wrists dislocate if i do it for so long and becomes painfull so i'd rather spin them as poi, and i prefere them that way cos i dont like the aerotech poi, they scare me and they were not availiable when i got mine.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
ok, so snakes are when you roll a staff or club in your fingers??? like a stall thing, so the object keeps twirling, but you don't move your wrist or hand, just your fingers?

twirling it between you fingers? like a pencil in class?

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
No santanatwo, snakes are a club swinging move, very wristy. In some ways they are a bit like isolations with poi or a double fig 8 with staff. If you want an idea of what they look like go to the Jillings site and look in the library.

If you have any questions, I suggest picking up the club/torch swinging thread (in the Other Toys section) and asking them there. This would reduce confusion with names and stuff in the Poi section

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Stone- I knew snake trick,but I think isnt so usefull.Maybe with Giant BF or with staffs.Poi think are very quickly to complete snake trick...
Argument me...

POI THEO(R)IST

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Oh, I thought they could be done with poi....but I looked at the site....now I see. nice pictures, easy to follow. Looks like an isolation, so maybe it can be done with poi...?

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
I just learning Richee, but what you say is right. Snakes probably aren't that good with poi. But they do open up some pathways, and are useful for staff and very good with clubs

You can make some nice patterns with the first half of the (inward) shoulder snake, I suppose like giant (inwards) b/f as you say. The horizontals are useful.

What snake tricks do you know Richee?

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Is anyone else having trouble downloading the clips?

Tells me the server is down???

So much fire, so little body hair...

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Got em.....

Well worth the download. Awesome stuff.

You make it look so easy

So much fire, so little body hair...

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Stone-Last week I saw life modern gym. competition.I doesnt know how expresive club swinging can be.I must confess that I dont understand what exactly mean do snake tricks.Its wrist and especially elbow moves, or isnt?

I think tricks like hyp.loops,isolations and snakes open up new pathways and bring pleasure for himself

POI THEO(R)IST

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
All I have to say is WOW!! I have much to work for!! Thanks

Page: