SaggyDmember
56 posts

Posted:
Hey, i just got my fire poi a few days ago i've been spinning about a year, and now i really wanna spin fire badly all i need is the fuel. My dad read the thing that came with the poi and he said we must go to some air port. (he used to be a pilot so i assume he knows what he is talking about). Is there any 100% pure kerosene with no additives at some simple place like home-depot or something? by the way i live in washington in the US (if that helps). I'm sorry if this has already been covered but i did multiple searches typing in stuff about fuel but nothing to my liking. so, yell at me for being stupid for posting about something that's been covered or please help me out.
-Thanks
-SaggyD

SaggyDmember
56 posts

Posted:
Hi, it's me again it's been a few days since my post and i just want everyone to know that i found the right kerosene and all is good. Had my first spin today twas grand. The noise of the fire goin' past your ears is the best!!!!!
-Thanks
-SaggyD

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
No ? is stupid, especily when it comes to fuel.
Karo is good, but stinky!
Lamp Oil is mutch better!! and if you mix a bit of white gass with it, it will light a lot faster.

I recomend getting some moves under your belt before playing with fire! If you can't do a move continuesly for 30 -40 times practicing, don't try it with fire! (you will only get burnt)

Good Luck

~FireSpirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!