Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > That ONE MOVE that caused the most INJURIES and PAIN???

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
pHoTiKrBOImember
27 posts

Posted:
lol i know all u guys had that "one move" that was a bitch to learn....

haha i think 1 hand butterfly is hard to learn and perfect cuz the glowsticks be hittin each other and they smack u in the face..oww!

i think arm wraps are hard to learn too cuz i wore a short sleeve and i got rope burn theres a whole buch of red marks on my arms and shieet....

so whut was the move that took u hella long or caused hella injury?

pHoTiK kReW!!!!!

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
I had the most dificuly, and resulting bruises and cuts and the like, with the forward btb 3-beat weave. Continual calf bombardments, ocational facial assults, and most occward arm positions made this quite possibly the most time consuming and painfull move I've ever learnt.

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
The butterfly (forward and reverse) and btb forward weave... ouch

Locoflymember
62 posts

Posted:
btb forward weave. kept bashing myself in the back of the head. only when i would try to show someone my "new move" though.

From the makers of soylent green.

FoxFiremember
90 posts

Posted:
I think it was when I was just learning to do the butterfly. I had my hands in the wrong position 'n took a few crotch shots. Was aprehensive about it, but I got over it 'n can do it just fine.

Deuteronomy 31:6
John 15:9
Luke 6:22

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
heck any btl butterfly move, or btl air wraps, my nuts will never be the same...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
forward btb weave - ouch!

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

3,638 posts

Posted:
actually - If I'm truthful it was the clockwise btb waistwrap as that bastard kept beating me in the boobs and the ears! And I'd just had some new piercings too

3,638 posts

Posted:
btl = between the legs
ttn = thread the needle
waistwrap = dona't even go there
airwraps = poi strings wrap each other and smoothly unwrap all in the air

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Reverse buzzsawed hyperloop...never never do one after another.

POI THEO(R)IST

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
btb circular form to front whipping-circular form with a flaming 3 section.
most contact was on the rear/high part of my head as the end section whips from behind high to front low.
I have a newer, heavier fire 3section and she hurts like a silverback on heat in a small room.
People that see it twirled underestimate the accuracy advantages when there is so much pain reinforcing the technique.
You live faster in danger - firetwirling benefits greatly from the percieved and actual danger, to be sure.
be safe hey?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
definitely reverse 5b weave. basically if you cock this one up, the poi are both flying straight for your face and hands are conveeeeeeeniently twisted up all useless-like. and this was before I discovered the pleasure of not trying new moves with anything but glowsticks.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
forward butterfly....my nuts will never be the same...

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

RaverShokmember
17 posts

Posted:
The Forward Behind the back weave and the 5 beat reverse weave will fu*k yo azz up!!! It will leave your face scarred for life while learning them. memories, memories.....glad I'm thru with that. Oh yea and I'm even going to touch neck wraps.

peace, shok
stringy people
San Antonio, TX

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i taught myself with fire poi, so i dont remember one specific incident that hurt more than the many others. broken my nose a few times with beaming poi and my aerotech clubs.

Liquid Popmember
62 posts

Posted:
the forward 5 beat weave, dont know why but it took me about 3 weeks to learn, and in those 3 weeks i turned my nuts to leather, ouch, ouch, ouch, i droped my self many many times. *shivers* and i would show off and try and do it fast and wham, and i would drop to the ground.

happy swingin

if practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, then why practice?

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
forwards btb 3 beat... bruised calves and black eyes for a week. Then exactly the same again after i'd learnt the reverse and was trying to turn between the two. Other than that, reverse butterfly to over the head butterfly. Still has a nasty habit of hitting me in both ears at the same time.
Strikes to the testicles have fortunatly been rare.

Ben

SaggyDmember
56 posts

Posted:
The one move that angered me most about poi was the butterfly, they would both be going downward and then they would tangle up as they would come to a climax at the top, thus resulting in a "Sack Tap" as my friend puts it. I have experienced many-a- "Sack Tap" due to this. Another grand injury from one of my harder moves to learn was while i was learning the regular BTB weave. i would constantly hit my ankles and then finally one day i got it!! (time to see how fast i can do it) THWAP they hit me in the face and dug my teeth a good centimeter or two into my lips! OWE! anywho, after these accidents and many many more kinda makes me wonder why i started in the first place... oh yes now i remember FIRE!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
oh yeah!
let's not forget the old "i just got a new piercing oh boy" injuries. and once i knocked my eyebrow piercing right out of my face. i left it out. it hurt. pozee watch dem nipples!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
So far it's probably doing the windmill with my left hand leading... during one attempt both hands lost it at the same time, resulting in one poi swinging round and smacking me in the back of the head at exactly the same time as the other came round and smacked me right in the nose. Ouch!

Apart from that, plenty of nut-smacking action learning the foward three-beat weave and reverse btb three-beat.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Simple butterfly.... 10 minutes in my life I thought nevermore be a father.

POI THEO(R)IST

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
one time I hit my ear so hard it knocked the captive bead out of my earing, into the gravel. some how I found it too.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
heh heh hows about wushu crotch grappling hijinx

Non-Https Image Link

not poi, but i bet it doesn't tickle!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

pHoTiKrBOImember
27 posts

Posted:
lol!!! haha

hehe seems like the BTB weave causes a lot of injury

lol i stiill remmeber when i first did the butterfly. it was hella hard the glowsticks kept hittin each other and they would fly to ur face or ur nuts lol

pHoTiK kReW!!!!!

Psychmember
14 posts

Posted:
Surely it's got to be the simple butterfly - the "Sack Tap" (nice name SaggyD!) is one of the purest forms of pain I have ever experienced. For maximum effect, make sure both poi hit the same ball at the same time (at speed). Thank God they were comets!

will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
You know how when you get a new move down its normal to make sure you are really comfortable with it before showing it off with heavy poi?

this folk wisdom should never be ignored when dealing with beaming poi, which are evil, and go out of their way to twat you one. After my last concussion I have never picked them up again...

Will

Nucimember
8 posts

Posted:
I'm quite "innocent" with Poi and every new move hurts a lot! especially the butterfly should be named "nutcracker" ouch!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I'd say any butterfly-series move. When you're learning the more advanced moves, you've hopefully either figured out how not to hit yourself in the nuts or you've gotten smart enough to get a cup.

But for guys learning the butterfly series (or the forward weave, for that matter), the pois seem to be magnetically attracted to the testicles.

Stupid design. Why can't we men keep our gonads inside our body cavities like the women do?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
The move that is getting me is going from 3bw to double corkscrew - then a beat of 3bw into reverse double corkscrew back to 3bw and into buzz saw.. last time I tried that was this sunday - I was using my streachy socks.. didn't quite calcualte the shortning correctly and hit both boobs at the same time from nderneath- now girls you know that time of month where everything is tender?? ooouch!!

Oh and that stupid forth beat on 5BTB.. still can't get it right.. Ros me thinks me needs a lesson..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ywep yep yep....beackwards 3 neat....i..hee hee...stupidly learnt it with beaming poi...ahaha!

got some funny looks walking with a bruise right in the middle of your forehead...oh...and the blood...dont forget the blood.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Oh god yeah, I think the most pain out of one mistake has to go to the butterfly - no other move can leave me lying on the floor with my eyes streaming.

For the most long term pain though, I have to go for backwards btb weave, it just kills my shoulders. So much so that I very rarely practise it now so I'm never any good at it.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Page: