Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Anyone heard of an AIR WRAP?

Login/Join to Participate

RaverShokmember
17 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure if thats what its called(air wrap) but its where you get both of the poi spinning in the same direction and hit both of them together, they wrap together and uncoil and go the opposite direction that they were going in. You can go directly into the weave after they wrap or simply reverse the weave you were doing. I saw a clip of a guy named dj wes doing it. If anyone has heard of this move or has any tips on doing it please reply.

peace shok
stringy people

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
hiya! before everyone jumps on you for posting this, next time please do a search!

You will find the search button located up in the top middle of your screen (its little so look hard!)

Theres been several other posts on air wraps....

Currently on the right side up of the world.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
check out this thread re: hyperloops

there's obviously more in the air wrap world than just these but i think they're pretty much the bad-boy version.

the glowstick people around here seem to like their air wraps so maybe speak to some of them about it...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

SaggyDmember
56 posts

Posted:
OK i got this kids SN and talked to him personally this DJ wes kid, (he's a prejudice azn) lol, but nm that! he sed that poi sucks, and that you can't do the move with poi because it's next to impossible, he said he doesn't do it when he's performing because he gets a 50 50 chance that he'll get it right because there is no guarantee because in order to make it work right you have to slap the strings together at exactly the right moment in exactly the right place. which is the reason it was at the end of the video of him doing it before it went to his girl. because he prolly messed up and didnt want to show it. he said it's no use tryint it with poi because poi are too bulky to try with and if they are lit u could seriously screw yourself up!

hope that clears things up!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
trust me, you are fine to do hyperloops with poi - very awkward with comets (tails kinda bugger them up) but socks and chains work lovely.

hyperloops with fire are no more dangerous (imho) than say the five beat or btb weave.
they look superb too if they are done well as they have the effect of shortening the length of the chains for the peiod that they are wrapped - kinda spiralling into a smaller circle and spiralling back out to full length on the other side.

go on - you know you wanna try it...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
If you want to know about air wraps then Glass is your man

Are we nearly there yet?

RaverShokmember
17 posts

Posted:
do u mind giving me dj wes' screen name so i can talk to him?

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
go to the "jedi set" in poi moves. lots of talk there.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

SaggyDmember
56 posts

Posted:
OK, DJ wes's SN is.... mixinluv2u BUT BE WARNED HE IS IN COLLEGE AND EXTREMELY AGGRIVATED! lolso yeah he'll tell u about him but he doesn't like spinnin' fire much so just uhh tell him yer a raver or somethin' lol.
Peace!
Saggy

RaverShokmember
17 posts

Posted:
hey I'm an aggitated college student also so maybe we can relate! thanks.

shok

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
man, it's totally possible to do air wraps with big old monster sized poi. just open the planes out more, so the degree in the intersection is enough to account for the poi size.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.