PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
If you plan on entering a design into the Tshirt contest ths is the last month to do so. We have received some very amazing designs and I can't wait to add any more.The voting will begin to take place starting the beginning of September.A few things to remember...please keep Home of Poi and Fire Twirling out of the design. While happy to sponsor the contest Malcolm is not looking for t-shirt designs (I don't think) and while some of the people have overlooked this part of the specs, if their design is one chosen then we will edit that part out.We could use some nice staff shirt designs here though. We have many, many poi and I would love to offer staff designs as well.For those who don't know we will be taking a vote and creating t-shirts of the most popular designs for order. The proceeds will go to defray the cost of the international poi gathering in two years in New Zealand where we will retire the relay sets.My best to all, and many thanks to those who have already submitted their art!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
I really just want a black short sleeve T that says "plays with fire" on the front in white lowercase letters... Maybe the HOP logo on the back would be cool but I guess we don't want the logo. Perhaps I'll just have to make my own with my printer... winkI CAN say, having experience making and selling TShirts, SIMPLE DESIGNS WORK BEST! The artwork I've seen posted is beautiful but I'm not sure how it would wear on a TShirt after the third wash. Thin lines tend to be lost. Also, more people tend to buy more basic designs. We don't want a shirt that 5 people REALLY like.If there were a TShirt with ONLY the above "Home of Poi and Fire Twirling" logo, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
mr mo - you make T-shirts?? Could you please email me? pretty please? I *am* cool, really I am!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

pyro_teknikmember
51 posts
Location: england wiltshire under stonehenge with the fire f...

Posted:
totally agree simple is best for tshirts like a small logo with a bit of text works really well, might have a go at this tshirt design thingy

handlebar moustaches are funny :)

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Rather than emailing you, Flash Fire, I'll just post to all since it's a cool thing that not so many people know about. You can buy special paper at Staples, Office Depot, er... whatever that translates to in Australian... That you put in your printer and can then iron on ANY shirt, sheet, flag whatever. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I HIGHLY suggest doing this before getting ANY shirts done in mass. This way you can see how it looks (oh gee, the logo is too low, off center, whatever...)

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
mrmo, I've just done that very thing for some city to surf tshirts. In Australia you can get Celcast or Epsom paper. Great fun!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the concern Mr. Mo, but the shirts aren't done enmasse but they are done in individual order. It's actually a few cool companies online that do these things. I appreciate you watching our butts, but unfortunately for you they are covered! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK