Page: ......
GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Throughout the world of poi there walk a breed aside from other moves. Many have claimed that they don’t exist, or that they did, but that they died out with some long lost tribe of poi masters, and now they are “just legends”. But, they exist, and not just in the fairy tales we tell young poisters and poiettes to make then scared of the bogie poi that live under their beds.

The Jedi set are the most technical of the most technical moves.
The Jedi set are the poi swinging moves which defy the known laws of the physical world.
For everyone of them, at the moment only a handful are known, is utterly a Jedi move.

Until recently the easiest known move in the the jedi set was a 5 beat weave to reverse 5 beat weave behind the back, preferably done in the wall plane. And yet some exciting new discoveries uncovered using the latest state of the are technology in archeopoilogy. New additions have been threatening to join the ranks of the Jedi set, The Eight Council of Poi demi-gods are currently in congress to determine the place if any of these exciting new finds which include 2 air wraps within the Jedi set.

Not everything is known of the origins of the Jedi set. But it is much hinted in pagan folklaw, that in days of old back in martober two mysterious men, possibly of a tribe of orangeness denoted by their attire met in a misty field in Clay-pham a small village near Londinium. And lo, One of them who may have been the legendary Jedi Tony Touch spaketh unto the other, (the ugly stupid one with poor personal hygiene) who is, it is rumoured to be a distant forefather of the author. (alas the lineage has never been proven).

“That move is utterly Jedi.”

And to the sounds of trumpets from between the legs of a chorus of angels, the Jedi set was gently placed by a large crane amongst the meeting of poiers.
And the quest began...

That was many moons ago, and little remains to document what happened in that original quest...

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
4 or normal TTN not sure yet, but I think it may be normal. Maybe i'll have the video up befor the end of next week. I'll keep you posted.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
He's using a normal 2-beat TTN motion.

Extend both hands out in front of you. Spin both poi anti-clockwise. Extend a hand over the other, switching every half-beat so they won't tangle... basically if your right hand is on top, it pulls back on the upswing and goes out on the downswing.

When I think of this move, I envision those helicopters that have two sets of blades and they constantly go over and under each other while spinning in the same direction.

Does that help anyone?

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

AalatheaGOLD Member
80 posts

Posted:
can i coerce one of you to try explaining exactly how to do this move again? i've looked at past threads too and i can't quite seem to get it.
any more advice?
its probably just a case of needing to play around with it more, but wondering if i'm missing something important.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I doubt this move will be found anywhere else. If so, then that is cool, but as far as I know it hasn't.

Rather than wast both our times writing a description, I will have a video of it downloaded to my wev site as soon as possible.

PoiBoxmember
85 posts

Posted:
If it is what i think it is it is still impossible. But i think in the bite movie on pyrosutras homepage u can see it (sadly you can not see how they do it):

https://www.pyrosutra.com/bite.htm

ruoghly at half time when they are liing on their back.

still not possible . . . no no no

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
no that was a butterfly or something. But...that was a realy cool video... I especialy like the kiss

And that dude in the silver has good moves.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
I'm gunna go down with the ship with this one
But hey, could it be a 2-beat weave, to one side?

[ 17. February 2003, 00:26: Message edited by: Stone ]

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
sup guys- been having connection difficulties

i'm upgrading

cool move! sorry santana but i've had that for a while too, and it's already part of a larger family of moves and subsequent fractal distillations.
"crane thread the needle"
in my system but you can call it whatever you wanna.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
um.

Lets see, giant parallel TTN is an oldskool clubs move.
hmm videos...jonny does it on the elephant sized video - morning coffee.

I do every time i spin, its a lush move with flags.

If you do multiple beat parallel weaves, then in a lot of them you will be doing parallel TTN.

what daniels doing might have different arm movements, but if its Parallel TTN then Dynamically its the same.

Eeeeep

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
awww...(ren voice) "meeeemories..."
this move is what opened me personally up to "airwraps" and their possibilities... doing parallel weaves and stacking them (ttn) and messing up. then when i turned they undid each other. then i spread my hands and played with the timing, and BOOM! my brain exploded. then i threw my arms up in the air and ran in circles screaming, "wHO"S yeR DaDdY?'

then i tried them with butterflies.

then...
oooh la la
*sigh* do you remember where you were when you found your first airwap?

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
yes, but that was a long time ago, and didn't lead to much at the time.

[ 25. February 2003, 07:23: Message edited by: santanatrue ]

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Could someone please explain to me in the most simple,lay terms what a hyperloop is?I thought I knew and then I was reading a different thread the other day and now I am totally confused?And I can't seem to download any of the videos so that I could see what they are.

Is it when you semi-wrap the chains on body part or on each other. Pk,help me !!!!!!

On a more positive note,I am getting better at that dreaded isolated buzzsaw.

P.S.Please do not tell me to do a search on this as that is part of why I am so confused about this in the first place.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Dude, you gotta download santana's video.

It's where you purposely cross your chains but you need to see it to understand it. DO the whole "download DivX" thing and then download santana's vid. It's worth it. Even my crappy computer can do it.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I think we are in the middle of a seriouse disagreemant as to what a hyperloop is, vs a airwrap, and and a wrap. Personaly I think I have the terminology correct, but if you ask somebody else you might get a different answer.

As far as I am concerned, an air wrap is where you wrap the chain on the other chain and use it as a fulcrum. A Hyperloop is the same as an airwrap except the wrap occures halfway down the chain, and a wrap is were you use a part of your body as a fulcrum. A recoil is like a wrap except you hit your body with the poi head and it bounces off, sending the poi in the opposite direction.

This is my version of the terminology.

Some people relate it to other criteria.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i think the reason the terminology is so messed up is beceause airwraps and hyperloops were discovered and named at different times.

uk terminology (as i understand it ) is:

airwrap as santana described it with hands @ 3 and nine on a clock face (ie. opposite each other on a horizontal plane).

hyperloop is like an airwrap but with hands starting at 6 and 12 on the clock face (hands opposite each other on a vertical plane).

there is quite a difference eg. difficulty of the maxi plus hyperloop vs the outside-inside-outside airwrap.

where you wrap the strings affects how fast the poi will spin when wrapped (the closer to the middle, the slower they spin whilst wrapped).
so to do moves where you have to move the position of the poi (eg. normal hyperloop from a weave) *whilst they are connected by the strings* we do the wrap half way down the string to get the slowest spins we can.

i just revised this explanation - don't know if its anywhere near clear though!

hmm... i've just re-read glass' original statement that hyp's are a subset of the airwrap family (with 10 members? anyone know what the original 10 hyperloops were?).

now i don't know if up is down, if left is right or even where my pants are

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Yaaaaaaawn.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yawn?!

Would Jedi Master Glass like to bestow The Answer to the mortals?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I think I am beginning to understand but still don't understand what makes a hyperloop different from an airwrap.

Where is this video you were telling me about NYC,I can't find it.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
https://www.flamingsphere.homestead.com/divxencoded.html

the link called "hyperloops"

Our site exceeded bandwidth for a day or so, but it is fine now.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
GODDAMN COMPUTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

I don't know if it is my computer or my computer illiteracy but I still can't download this video.

WHAT THE FUG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
Just a question.

can i do hyperloops and airwraps with chains rather than string or wire coz i can get the chains to wrap its just bringing them out is very messy, ive only been working on the hyper loop for a short time so mabey i must work harder.

in short, is it possible (for mortals) to do a hyperloop with chains

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
yep

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
poiaholic i haven't seen them either so, screw it, i went out and bought another computer made in this century. jk, but i did buy one. maybe the end is near. after initializing if i still can't see these friggin videos i am personally going to pay EACH ONE of you video posters a visit and kick your a$$ for frustrating me like this!. fer rea do. pk you git an extra special whoopin . just cause.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
If anybody is still having trouble, I highly sugest reading my post on viewing internet videos, in the help section.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I am having lots of trouble loading the vid but I was practicing in my basement last night and I did what Coleman described and I did a hyperloop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will say that getting into the hyperloop is easy ... it's getting back out of it that gets kinda hairy being that I have not been able to do it again since.Oh well,practice makes perfect.

Thanks guys.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
arashi, would a CD via the delites of
Royal mail and the US postal service help you out ther boyo?

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well, really i just got a new computer for other stuff, i think this archaic dinosaur just couldn't handle the new formats and programs. the new one has a radiator cooled processor so i think it'll handle it.
really i need to make all this stuff work. i'm sort of in crash course mode, i have to learn how to do it so's we can get some butt videos up on our site . man there's some nice butts around here, that's what i get for hanging out with dancer girls... it's enough to make a prude like me go nuts. or at least to the titty bar tonight. sage is gonna take me out and break my lap dance cherry
yo, i have a very nice butt. lunges, man, lunges. teetering on the brink of excitement?
if i doesn't work soon though, we'll work it out- i'll send you guys some organic sugar-and hydrogenated oil-free-hazelnut creme "nutella-like" bars. yes, better than nutella, same tatse but you don't feel your butt expanding when you eat them...
butt butt butt

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
oh, wait, sorry, the butt video jokes were on the other video thread...
please change all the above butt comments to very deep and spiritual inspirational comments about... jedi butts...

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Arashi are you getting to big for your briches? Since when did we start entitling ourselves as "masters".

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
bender used to post as "ultimate seian bender"
and "master roshi" was so0oo0o close to my name i couldn't resist... plus roshi's an old kung fu pervert like me

Page: ......