Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > BTB Weaves Hand Position Question/Poll

Login/Join to Participate

AardvarkOnAcidmember
92 posts

Posted:
So...

There was something I'm curious about. The way I do a btb weave and the ones I've seen other people do have the hand "pointed forwards". In other words, the point of contact between the chains and your fingers is pointing towards your back most of the time. Which is essentially the same as taking a weave and moving it backwards a foot or three.

I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who actually *mirrors* the normal weaves. I.e. you point your fingers away from your back when you do the weave.

Is that all life comes down to? To be lying face down with an overenthusiastic guy in pink pin-striped pants sitting on top of you and grunting? -- Random MusingsSex, Drugs and Psytrance.

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
When I do btb weaves I have my wrists near/touching my back and the rest of my hand pointed straight back, in the same direction as the string.

I don't believe I've ever seen anyone doing a btb weave with their fingers/hands poining into thier back so I can't comment on which is better though that sounds quite dificult and unnatural. But that's just me.

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Ditto -

I have my palms pretty much facing the sky and my fingers away from my back.......

Surely it's just an extra and unnecessary strain to try and keep your hands in the same position as if it was in front of you....I couldn't do it comfortably. Maybe I misunderstood?

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
I do backwards BTB with my hands pointed toward my back. While I was trying to learn forward BTB today (ouch) I was alternating between hands pointed forward and hands pointed back. There didn't seem to be much change in difficulty between the two (both equally *#$@ing hard), but I think it reverses the direction of hand movement you need.
eg "backwards BTB hands pointed toward back" you are doing the backwards weave hand movement,
but hands pointed away from back, you are doing a forwards weave hand movement.

errrr. i think.

my head hurts now.

from thinking and from repeatedly whacking it with bloody silly swingy ball things.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."